Question about Princess transfers to bayport

NoWhiners

Hi all

As I am sitting here planning our trip at the end of March, I realized I need a little more info. For anyone who has used Princess transfer to/from the port--how are bags handled? If you go from Hobby to port on their bus, do they take care of the bags once you hand them off to bus driver or do you get them off the bus and give them to porters? On the return trip, same question--do you collect bags and take them to airline checkin or do they check them in for you? I am hoping that they get them onboard after you arrive at port and I have to grab them off bus and check them in when I get back to airport.

Any info would be great, thanks

ML

Princess has a baggage truck at the airport. After checking in with the Princess reps you take your tagged luggage to the truck (parked right outside the baggage claim door). You won't see this luggage again until it arrives at your cabin. Keep your carryon with you. When it is your turn to get on a bus you can put your carryon underneath the bus and get it when you arrive at the port. If you'd rather keep all your luggage with you just put it all under the bus - but you'll have to take it all the way through security and check in and to your cabin.

On the return trip you claim your luggage from the cruise terminal, go through customs, and go to the bus with it. The luggage is loaded on your specific bus. When arriving at the airport the bus driver will take it off the bus at the curb and you'll take it from there.

Princess has a baggage truck at the airport. After checking in with the Princess reps you take your tagged luggage to the truck (parked right outside the baggage claim door). You won't see this luggage again until it arrives at your cabin. Keep your carryon with you. When it is your turn to get on a bus you can put your carryon underneath the bus and get it when you arrive at the port. If you'd rather keep all your luggage with you just put it all under the bus - but you'll have to take it all the way through security and check in and to your cabin.

On the return trip you claim your luggage from the cruise terminal, go through customs, and go to the bus with it. The luggage is loaded on your specific bus. When arriving at the airport the bus driver will take it off the bus at the curb and you'll take it from there.

Hi idahospud

Thank you for this info--very helpful and more detail than I expected! Just so I'm clear--luggage we don't need on the way to port goes on a separate truck, luggage we want to keep goes under the bus? I never thought about different vehicles for luggage and people!

Thanks a lot for info

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typos

Hi idahospud

Thank you for this info--very helpful and more detail than I expected! Just so I'm clear--luggage we don't need on the way to port goes on a separate truck, luggage we want to keep goes under the bus? I never thought about different vehicles for luggage and people!

Thanks a lot for info

ML

Correct - luggage you don't need goes on the truck and carry on goes under (or on) the bus.

Have a great trip!

Edited by idahospud