Karaoke on RCCL!

Bcoll

As everyone knows, there is also one song on your cruise that keeps being sung every night at karaoke. Tell everyone what song that is and what ship you were on, let's see how many songs repeat. Just something a little different, that will hopefully keep people occupied!

"Play that funky music white boy"

There is no formal "karaoke bar", but there was karaoke in Cleopatra's Lounge several nights during our VOS cruise in June. Most of the music was one of two kinds - country or western - and we're not fans of either. But most of the performers were so sincere and tried so hard. We had a great time.

Does anyone know? Do they actually have a "karoke bar" on the VOS. My husband comes from a singing family and we have alot of fun at our hometown karaoke place.

Returned from VOS last month. There was karoke almost every night in Cleopatra's, was an extreamly mixed type of music, anything and everything, and the most unlikely combonations would follow one another. There was also a piano bar, Schooner Bar which invited anyone to the mic. He could play anything, and if you weren't very good or didn't know it well enough, he would sing along and help you out. Our group thoroghly enjoyed getting together for a drink between shows and relaxing in a karoke environment for a bit almost every night. I was particularly impressed with the way the crowd either joined in and sang along with the really bad singers, or simply supported them with a great applause. Never any booing, just a lot of fun and support from all in the room.

On our Brilliance cruise, there was a woman who sang Crazy by Patsy Cline. She was very good.

We've gone to Karaoke on other ships but I can't remember what was sung. I'm not sure if it was because of the singing or the drinking. ;)

Anyway, fun times. :)

We were on the Enchantment Sept.18th. and my sister Bunny sang Crazy by Patsy Cline one night in the Spotlight Lounge.

She did a fantastic job and had people complimenting her all week.

My other sister Terry sang Summertime one night in the Schooner Bar...she also did a great job.

Now me...I sing for my grand babies....*grin*

August 2004 we were on the Carnival Elation and they played Jessica Simpson's song "With You" every night, over and over several times each night during family karoke. :rolleyes: DH and I got mighty darn sick of that song! But all those teenager girls singing it must have enjoyed dreaming they were Jessica Simpson. They all had such fun. ;) Now, whenever I hear that song, I immediately remember being in the Cole Porter lounge watching karoke!

Yes that was my sister Terry! She did do a good job with that song! OMGoodness....can't believe you were also on the same cruise. We probably needed to wear a secret CC pin or something to identify all CC cruisers. :) Well if you were the "old Blonde"...I was the "old redhead" hanging out by the piano. Heheheee

Nancy, was that your sister singing Summertime while sitting next to me at the piano bar on Enchantment?

I told her she did a good job. I was the old blonde "singing lady" who was at the piano bar nearly every night!

I am going to be participating in Karoke Idol next week and am torn in my possibles. Either "Black Velvet" or "I'm the Only One" by Melissa Ethridge. I love Karoke. Although one night is about my max on vacation :)

Some of those people practice all year for it (I have been having shower rehearsals every morning for a week myself).

When we were on the Empress last month, there was a girl from the Bronx who sang several nights. She was so good--we went back everytime they had karaoke and really had a ball. Agree with cmkecompute--part of the fun was how the crowd supported all the singers.

On longer cruises with a more "mature" passenger ratio you can always count on good old Frank. Usually "New York, New York" and last cruise "Mack The Knife" and usually "Crazy" by Patsy Cline for the ladies.

"Crazy" is a hard song to sing and sung badly it's painfull. So is "Wind Beneath my Wings". No one should EVER try Bohemian Rhapsody either. Shuddar :eek:

Another vote for most popular is "I will survive". Its been the most popular for years IMO. Hear is another song that should NEVER be done "American Pie"(bye bye miss american pie drove my .....). Usually a group gets up and they all fight for the mike while the song goes on and on and on and on. The song is tooooo long for Karioke-Leave it to Don Mclean (sp.) Karioke is a great time on the cruise. I do Sweet Home Alabama-The song sells itself- I cant sing but I can carry a tune.

Harry

If your going on the Rhapsody soon you should try Kamikaze Kareoke in the Schooner Bar each night (late) with Derek. Or warning, don't walk through the Schooner Bar and think you can slip by. Its a hoot and he sometimes records the sessions and sells a limited number of the CDs at the end of the cruise. We had a blast many nights.

Archived