Laundry Bag Offer?

Martin and Lindsey

On a Princess or RCCL cruise, they had an offer where you could have a bag of laundry done at a reduced rate.

Do Celebrity do anything like this?

Interested to hear what is offered. :)

I think it was $45 a bag a few days before the end of the cruise while we were in Australia - quite a challenge to cram as much as possible in a paper bag that rips easily :)

I think it was $45 a bag a few days before the end of the cruise while we were in Australia - quite a challenge to cram as much as possible in a paper bag that rips easily :)

That was the price we saw on the Equinox in January, also a few days before the end of the cruise. Have never seen a "special" so high priced. Usually on other lines it's been $20 or $25, same size bag.

That was the price we saw on the Equinox in January, also a few days before the end of the cruise. Have never seen a "special" so high priced. Usually on other lines it's been $20 or $25, same size bag.

We paid, I am pretty sure, $20 for all you can get in a laundry bag on our Solstice NZ/Aussie cruise early last year. Rolling clothes up is definitely the way to go, unless a certain number of items is stipulated. Hapicruisin

Here's a tip: Bring along some duct tape, so if the bag rips (and it probably will) you can hold it together with the tape. They don't seem to be too particular about how much is stuffed in there and secured with duct tape. Want to guess how I know this?:D

On a trip of over five weeks, I'd be tempted to do laundry on land on a port day if there's a port you're not so interested in exploring--I'm aware there're people who will disagree about "wasting" a port day. We've met some very interesting people in foreign laundromats. For example, in Bayeux in France, I needed to get a haircut and struck up a conversation (limited only by my fractured French) with a local woman who was doing her laundry. She took me by the hand and walked me to her hair stylist, Patricia, where I got a fantastic haircut.

Bon voyage

Betsy

Which line was $20-$25? I ask because Celebrity was about $40 (2013 prices) and MSC was €50 for 40 pieces.

On a trip of over five weeks, I'd be tempted to do laundry on land on a port day if there's a port you're not so interested in exploring--I'm aware there're people who will disagree about "wasting" a port day.

We tried to do like Betsy on a long cruise, except unfortunately due to poor planning we found out that Cyprus (our last port before 4 sea days) doesn't have coin-op laundry and it was too late in the day for a service to provide same-day return.

Edited by Gig103

Thanks for the helpful replies.

We are going to be away for over 5 weeks and our luggage allowance is only 20g each. Some very careful packing is going to be required!

It certainly requires a bit of laundry in the sink. a suction cup and piece of light rope makes a great clothes line. wash, then wring out by hand then roll in a towel and stand on the towel. Things dry quickly either on a hanger in the closet or the shower line.

PS - you do not need to get the bag closed. just sort of roll it up and stuff it in. Lay last couple of pieces on top.