I am very accident prone...

hipquest

I have broken/spained ankles, gashed knees, bashed head. Sometimes at the same time. Yes, I am blond, however, my DR can't prove that has anything to do with it.

With that said, what do I need for my "on board" kit? My shore excursion kit?

Thanks

First aid kit and insurance. There is a doctor on board but just to visit costs $50.00 (US) plus whatever they do.

Wear water socks or shoes in the water at all times. They will help protect your feet.

bandaids

ASA

Topical Cream

Sunburn lotion (aloe)

Sunscreen (45 or over minimum)

Pepto Bismol

Tums/Rolaids

Alcohol wipes

After bite meds

Deep Woods Off (sort of thing)

Anitstimine (cold tabs)

A smile

Good luck and have fun.

I have the same problem. And, I'm blonde. I took a couple band-aids and some tylenol and that was it. I also told myself before I left that it didn't matter if I was bleeding, in pain, or very sick. I was doing all my excursions as planned and would deal with any pain later.

Enjoy your trip and try not to worry.

I would strongly suggest you wear flat-heeled shoes on the ship, preferably with rubber soles! Seems like you in high heels would be an accident waiting to happen.

I would have more problems in flats, my arches are high and flats give me cramps.:(

Thanks for the advice to all who responded.

I have the same problem. And, I'm blonde. I took a couple band-aids and some tylenol and that was it. I also told myself before I left that it didn't matter if I was bleeding, in pain, or very sick. I was doing all my excursions as planned and would deal with any pain later.

Enjoy your trip and try not to worry.

It's not me who is worried, that would be DH. He's the one that wants the On-the-Go Emergency Room.

The funny thing is I have never had a hospital stay or surgery, that would be DH. Maybe we should bring an RN or MEDIC?:p

Well Reece, it's Lynne and I too am very accident prone. Broken both ankles twice, broken elbow, broken hand, nose and wrist in December, not to mention the rod in my right arm and in my left shoulder. LOL. We will be a sight on the same cruise ship at the same time with scabby knees and band-aids. What I always bring is is antibiotic cream, band aids, the new liquid band aid, an ankle support and usually an ace bandage. Always have a plastic baggie I use as an ice pack if needed. I wear lots of rubber bottomed shoes and walk very carefully.

The cocktail party you mentioned sounds like a great idea. I still have not been able to contact Patti. Will still try. Talk to you soon!

Lynne:cool:

SAIL ON.............LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND!

I have high arches and still manage to find good walking shoes that I don't trip over. Try Merrells or even Birkenstocks, you can actually find some cute ones now, not the old 2 strap kind. And, watch where you're going:D .

Take a good supply of various bandaids, if you have to go to the infirmary with a cut, it's around $80 for the visit and the bandaid.

I have high arches and still manage to find good walking shoes that I don't trip over. Try Merrells or even Birkenstocks, you can actually find some cute ones now, not the old 2 strap kind. And, watch where you're going:D .

Take a good supply of various bandaids, if you have to go to the infirmary with a cut, it's around $80 for the visit and the bandaid.

Kathy, thank you for the kind advice. I have decided to bring our boats med kit, it has everything that we might need except a DR.:p

My last accident involved my "boat" bike (aka, beach cruiser) with under-inflated tires. DH could not find the air pump and deemed I would be OK. Lesson? Don't ride a bike with tires that need air. I learned an even greater lesson; the little town where we dock our boat has the most wonderful people in the world! It was kind of like being on a cruise.:)

Thanks for everyones advice, btw I made SURE I had insurance.:D

Archived