Carnival's Amber Cove Excursion???

jordanaire

Can someone explain the difference between two of Carnival's Amber Cove shore excursions?

One is titled "Lifestyle Resort Experience". It costs $49.99 per person.

The other is titled "Lifestyle Serenity VIP Resort". It costs $79.99 per person.

Other than the obvious (price), what is the difference between the two excursions? Does the "VIP" excursion include all-you-can-eat and drink at the resort, while the other excursion is just access to the resort but no food or drink (unless you purchase it)?

Did you go on this VIP experience? If so' date=' what exactly did it include? And, do you know in what way it differs from the other one?[/quote']

Yes. I did it in January and am doing in again in April. They treat you like queens and kings and it literally is the best day ever. Unlimited drinks, great food, oysters, paradise, great customer service. No excursion will ever compare to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Decided to treat ourselves to just a morning/afternoon of pampering. And who can say 'no' to oysters and crepes!!

Have done a lot of research on the Lifestyle's resorts since booking the VIP excursion and the Serenity Beach area is supposed to be the best for this resort.

From all the positive reviews, it sounds like a winner.

We just got off a cruise that went to Amber Cove a couple of weeks ago!!! We did an excursion that was sightseeing tour…not very good. We did meet some people on board that did the Serenity VIP, the one your talking about…they loved it!!! It was $49.99….now it's $79 !!! They couldn't have said better things about it!! All the food and drinks and beaches and pools. I wish my husband and I did that excursion!!!!! Next time!!!!

Yes. I did it in January and am doing in again in April. They treat you like queens and kings and it literally is the best day ever. Unlimited drinks, great food, oysters, paradise, great customer service. No excursion will ever compare to it.

Amber, welcome back! Please say you are going to finish your Conquest review!!! I was really looking forward to hearing all about it and what you did on the islands. I am doing that same itenerary!

Thanks !!

Thanks for your response! We decided to book this one, and, we're really excited to try it out!

Hi Amber- just a couple of questions about this one: do you think it would be alright to bring a one year old to? Also, do you have any pics you can share? I'm having a really hard time figuring out what to do in AC with my munchkin.

TIA!

I found out that the difference is that the Resort offers a VIP beach for members only and that is what the VIP experience includes.

Copied from their website:

As part of the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, members have access to an exclusive area of the Resorts pristine beach…V.I.P Beach…where they can relax on special loungers soaking up the sun and receive distinctive beachside refreshment services.

$105.00 per person/per day fee applies.

Carnival responded to my email saying:

"The difference is that on the VIP Resort Getaway you have an exclusive experience at the Serenity Private Beach area."

• 1 month later...

We booked the Lifestyles VIP Serenity Beach for our April 24th Conquest Cruise @ $49 and see that it is now $79.

Have read that there are issues with this resort and that this excursion is either being cancelled and/or cruise guests are being redirected to another resort (Iberostar).

Can anyone who booked VIP Serenity Beach and sailed within the last few weeks confirm that this excursion is still valid. If not, what happened once you were underway....cancelled/credit or sent somewhere else.

I'm wondering if Carnival is cancelling those that booked at $49 and sending them somewhere else. Maybe Lifestyles increased their price to the cruise line?