Reminder: Check your flight for changes

wrp96

Just wanted to remind people to keep checking your reservations even after you've booked. AA just changed my flights for my cruise next March - thankfully going in a day ahead. They've left me with a 32 minute connection at DFW with a known terminal change. The flights I'm booked on no longer show up as possible connections on AAs website, which means it's an illegal connection time. I'll be calling tomorrow to change to a later flight that gets me into SJU 2 hours later.

Just noticed that Song changed my flight on 3/19 from 10:50am to 10:30am. It is only 20 minutes, but since there was a schedule change, my seat assignments didn't transfer over so I had to call the airline to reissue them (it wouldn't let me do it online...).

Keep checking your flights no matter how far out your trip is....

Yes , we keep checking our flights as well. Our flight time on Song has changed twice now, we don't go till March , so it could change a few more times between now and then, so far the changes are something we can deal with .

Cori

You are supposed to be notified - put an email address in your profile with the Airlines. If you do not have one create one - it's free.

Airline schedules change all the times, and in these trying times, flights are dropped from the schedule, or combined with other flights.

Just wanted to remind people to keep checking your reservations even after you've booked. AA just changed my flights for my cruise next March - thankfully going in a day ahead. They've left me with a 32 minute connection at DFW with a known terminal change. The flights I'm booked on no longer show up as possible connections on AAs website, which means it's an illegal connection time. I'll be calling tomorrow to change to a later flight that gets me into SJU 2 hours later.

eek!! A 32 minute connection at DFW? Very, very dangerous. You say it's a known terminal change. Are you coming into DFW on an international flight or on American Eagle.

You need more time. Fly into DFW earlier or leave from DFW later. The terminal changes are really easy now. The very new train system is much, much better than the previous system.

Anyway, it's good advice. It's not all that uncommon to have this happen when you book flights so far in advance.

You are supposed to be notified - put an email address in your profile with the Airlines. If you do not have one create one - it's free.

Airline schedules change all the times, and in these trying times, flights are dropped from the schedule, or combined with other flights.

Hi , yes we have our email address listed we have a Delta FF account with all that info on it. But they still did not notify us. I think it is probably because it is more than 3 month out till flight time. Anyway I just keep checking, as of yesterday it changed again. :(

Cori

eek!! A 32 minute connection at DFW? Very, very dangerous. You say it's a known terminal change. Are you coming into DFW on an international flight or on American Eagle.

You need more time. Fly into DFW earlier or leave from DFW later. The terminal changes are really easy now. The very new train system is much, much better than the previous system.

Anyway, it's good advice. It's not all that uncommon to have this happen when you book flights so far in advance.

American Eagle - and this particular flight always goes into Terminal B - I know I've taken it in the past. No options of taking an earlier flight, it's the first one of the morning it's been changed as well and that is why it is a 32 minute connection, instead of even worse, a 20 minute connection. That's why I'm switching to a later flight into San Juan. Not the flight I wanted, but better than risking missing the flight at all.

You think you have problems. I'm on NW for our Hawaii trip and we are getting in to LAX at 10:30 and our flight to Hawaii leaves at 10am!!! Of course, it wasn't ticketed like this, but I got an email of the change. I called and they said they are working on all legs right now and not to panic. Well, geez, don't send me an email until the legs are worked out!!!!!

HI. I agree that you need to be checking on your flights. We had NW scheduled from Buffalo to San Diego via Detroit for our November cruise. I didn't get an email but noticed a change when checking to change our seats. Going down remained the same but our return flight had been changed so that we flew from San Diego to Minneapolis then Detroit to Buffalo. They had scheduled us to arrive in Detroit after the last flight for the day had already left for Buffalo. When I called and pointed this out, they offered a full refund. I didn't really want this as our flights were for Nov. 23 and I wasn't sure I could get a good rate now for this day for the four of us. I ended up cancelling the Buffalo portion so that we now fly from Detroit. I'm not sure that others would have that option! Our only option was to stay overnight in Detroit at our own expense and then take the first morning flight into Buffalo. Moral is to keep checking!

Cheers,

Ciana:)

American Eagle - and this particular flight always goes into Terminal B - I know I've taken it in the past. No options of taking an earlier flight, it's the first one of the morning it's been changed as well and that is why it is a 32 minute connection, instead of even worse, a 20 minute connection. That's why I'm switching to a later flight into San Juan. Not the flight I wanted, but better than risking missing the flight at all.

Yeah... Good idea. Much better to take a layover of a couple hours than to have a super short one and miss.

You think you have problems. I'm on NW for our Hawaii trip and we are getting in to LAX at 10:30 and our flight to Hawaii leaves at 10am!!! Of course, it wasn't ticketed like this, but I got an email of the change. I called and they said they are working on all legs right now and not to panic. Well, geez, don't send me an email until the legs are worked out!!!!!

Oh my !!! I hope you get things worked out. Going thru LAX you need extra time, LAX can be a zoo, believe me I know I live here and I avoid it all costs. Good Luck.

Cori

Oh my !!! I hope you get things worked out. Going thru LAX you need extra time, LAX can be a zoo, believe me I know I live here and I avoid it all costs. Good Luck.

Cori

I called NW again today and got it fixed. We now skip LAX altogether and will fly from Bozeman to Minneapolis and direct to Hawaii. Only problem is we leave from Bozeman a couple hours earlier (6am) and we live in Helena (90 miles away). We'll have to drive up the night before and get a hotel. No way will I do it any other way in December in Montana.

I am from Montana also and agree -- the flights are not plentiful and we always have to go out of the way to get our connection. We are 135 miles from the airport so always have to plan on an overnight in Great Falls. I just look at it as one more vacation day! :)

Archived