Bags&go Barcelona

latin princess

Hi has anyone used Bags&go to transport luggage from airport to port of visa versa. We will be arriving at Barcelona airport at 10:30 and cant check in or check luggage in at port until 15:30, so was thinking this service that transports luggage from port to airport and back would maybe a good idea, so can explore Barcelona a and get a bite to eat without cases. We will have one large case and one maybe two hand luggage cases. They charge 10 euro a bag.

Concerned about bags maybe not getting there

Any thought?

Any experience?

Ta:)

I've heard good things about the service, and I've often wished for something similar in other ports.

You might ask your cruise line if they will allow you to drop off your bags and leave again before check-in starts (I don't know which cruise you're taking, maybe this is absolutely out of the question).

There are some left luggage options around town that could work out to be cheaper, but much less convenient than the Bags&Go service.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I've heard good things about the service, and I've often wished for something similar in other ports.

You might ask your cruise line if they will allow you to drop off your bags and leave again before check-in starts (I don't know which cruise you're taking, maybe this is absolutely out of the question).

There are some left luggage options around town that could work out to be cheaper, but much less convenient than the Bags&Go service.

I rang the cruise line today and the ship doesn't get in til 14:00 and when I asked about dropping off bags early they said no as they would be dealing with the disembarking passengers luggage so dropping it off early not an option:(

Looked at the bag storage options, and they are a way away from the port, but may be an option if transport allows. Pity not one nearer port

Another option is taking direct cercanias train to Sants train station, leaving luggage there (they have large and small lockers), exploring the city for a while and then taking cab from Sants to port. Cost wise is somewhat equivalent to taxi from airport to port plus luggage hold costs.

If you state ship and date it would be easier to advise.

The only situation that would hinder baggage drop would be if the terminal was handling two turn-arounds on the same day, which would be extremely unlikely.

The baggage drop is handled by the port of Barcelona and they then deliver the baggage to the ship. This is handled outside of the check-in desks and prior to entering the secure terminal check-in area.

I only know of experience using the baggage services from disembarkation to airport and the service has been very highly rated. I would assume they are just as good for airport to ship transport as well.

If you state ship and date it would be easier to advise.

The only situation that would hinder baggage drop would be if the terminal was handling two turn-arounds on the same day, which would be extremely unlikely.

The baggage drop is handled by the port of Barcelona and they then deliver the baggage to the ship. This is handled outside of the check-in desks and prior to entering the secure terminal check-in area.

I only know of experience using the baggage services from disembarkation to airport and the service has been very highly rated. I would assume they are just as good for airport to ship transport as well.[/quotehi the date is 2nd may 2016 and its the Costa Favolosa. The ship has always been there and waiting when I have cruised before but she dosent dock till 14:00 hours. Not sure how many getting on and off as three embarkation points on cruise. Thanks for advice in advance

• 2 weeks later...

My son and his family used this service at the end of their cruise at Barcelona in Dec 15 which enabled them to tour around the city before flying back home to Dubai on the 10 pm flight. I had an early flight back home to the UK so did not need this service.

Son reported that it was an excellent service with luggage waiting at Terminal 1 for them.

Cannot say what the situation is for sending luggage on ahead on arrival but it might be worth either phoning/e-mailing the company to clarify the situation.

If they are able to help I am sure you will be completely satisfied with the service.

Suzanne

P.S. You say you arrive in Barcelona at 10.30 a.m - my flight got in at around 9.30 a.m and I was on board by midday. Son and family were on board at 11a.m. so the boarding times are I feel just a guideline. We sailed at 7pm

Edited by suron
Additional information

My son and his family used this service at the end of their cruise at Barcelona in Dec 15 which enabled them to tour around the city before flying back home to Dubai on the 10 pm flight. I had an early flight back home to the UK so did not need this service.

Son reported that it was an excellent service with luggage waiting at Terminal 1 for them.

Cannot say what the situation is for sending luggage on ahead on arrival but it might be worth either phoning/e-mailing the company to clarify the situation.

If they are able to help I am sure you will be completely satisfied with the service.

Suzanne

P.S. You say you arrive in Barcelona at 10.30 a.m - my flight got in at around 9.30 a.m and I was on board by midday. Son and family were on board at 11a.m. so the boarding times are I feel just a guideline. We sailed at 7pm

Hi thanks to everyone for info

Suzanne the ship doesn't arrive till 14:00 So can see 15:30 Being about right by time some disembarked those leaving

• 4 months later...

If you are considering Bags&Go, BEWARE!! We used Bags&Go on July 3 for drop off at the Barcelona airport and later delivery to Oceania at the port. They did not delivery on time and gave us misleading info on where to pick up our 2 suitcases. We left the bags at 10:00am and were told that the bags would be delivered at 2pm, plenty of time for a 4pm last call for boarding. The directions the Bags&Go agent gave us for the pickup pier was not the pier provided by Oceania but when I questioned the pickup point, the agent insisted all bags went to only:eek: one pier. We got to the pier provided by the agent at 3pm and it was an NCL pier and no one knew anything about our bags. No response to calls to Bags&Go. After panicked cell phone calls to Oceania in the U.S. the Oceania pier in Barcelona, and a rush 4pm taxi to the Oceania pier, we found our suitcases which had just been delivered at 3:45p to Oceania.