Any Hub App Reviews?

richmke

We will be cruising on the Glory which has the Hub App. Any reviews on it?

I have an iPad and iPhone, and am wondering if it is worth having them. I like the idea of having access to the schedule of entertainment. Any better than the printed newsletter?

I think it worked well! Access to fb kept me in contact with our teens on our last adults cruise. access to ship maps and fun times is nice. although to be absolutely honest i didn't like carrying my phone around. half the fun is being disconnected! My teens are going on this upcoming cruise with us and i plan on leaving the phone in the safe all week.

I used the Hub on our Feb 2 Glory cruise. The time on the Hub is EST only at this point. We left out of San Juan. Since San Juan's time is one hour ahead of Miami, the time was always off by one hour until the last 2 days which were sea days. Time on the ship then changed to Miami time since we debarked in Miami.

So basically we could view the Hub during the time change but if you clicked on The 9:30pm Comedy Show, the reminder sent to your phone was one hour late.

Fast Forward to the last 2 days of the cruise where we were back on Miami time. The Hub sent you a reminder about 10 minutes before the Comedy Show you starred. good Job here.

However, not everything was available for you to click on to star the item. Tea Time is only offered on sea days but it seemed Food Venues did not give you the option to star. Starred items then show up in a 'Favorites' tab and give you the 10 minute alert ahead of time. I use a yellow highlighter for everything in the days Fun Times that I might want to attend.

I did like the Hub overall as a guide to the Fun Times. Hopefully they will make it so everything on the (old) tear off of the Fun Times matches the items in the Hub that are available to star.

You could click on upcoming day's schedule as well.

Is logging into FB Messenger part of the Hub App?

1) Free

2) Part of the $5 Chat

3) You had an internet package (social, value, premium)

FB Messenger is not part of the Hub App or the $5 chat--it's part of the Social Media Package that you purchase--the social package. The Hub App is basically an electronic version of the Fun Times with cool scheduling features. The $5 chat only allows you to connect with other people on the ship who also have the Hub App. If you want to communicate with anyone off of the ship (or on the ship other than through the Hub App) you will need to purchase one of the internet packages.

We used this the first time in December on the Breeze, and we loved it! Didn't have to worry about having that torn off piece of paper with me at all times. I actually carry my phone most of the time for any pictures while onboard, so it worked out well for us. Really loved getting the reminder like 10-15 before something started that we had marked on the app. Sometimes while on the ship you get distracted and forget about things so this helped us with our sometime "senior moments". Can't wait to use it in April on the Sunshine once again. It also helps with the deck plans if you've never sailed on a particular ship before. so glad they have added this app and hope they continue to improve and tweet it.:D

Here's Carnivals FAQ on these types of services. It offers a good explanation.

Thanks, but it is not a detailed explanation. Too bad it doesn't have demo screens of all the functions.

Is the $5 hub chat app per person, device, or cabin?

If it is per cabin, how do people in the same cabin chat with each other?

What is your chat handle? Is it a variation of your cabin number? Or do you pick a unique one each cruise when you pay the $5?

Thanks, but it is not a detailed explanation. Too bad it doesn't have demo screens of all the functions.

Is the $5 hub chat app per person, device, or cabin?

If it is per cabin, how do people in the same cabin chat with each other?

What is your chat handle? Is it a variation of your cabin number? Or do you pick a unique one each cruise when you pay the $5?

Here is more info:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carnival-hub-available-on/id925117977?ls=1&mt=8

http://www.carnival.com/cms/shipboard/funhub/funhub-landing.html

hub app chat is 5/person per trip. 10/cabin of 2, 15 cabin of 3, etc - I am hopeful that all 4 in my group will agree to get it so I can disappear when needed and find them again.

Social is 5/day, only 1 device can be logged on at a time. [?? price per trip]

medium class internet $60

Never cruised carnival, but this is what I've read. Seems pretty simple

• 8 months later...

On the Valor, it worked about half of the time, as far as chatting goes. Which was why we got it.

There were four of us in our group. Three phones. So $5 each for the whole cruise. Anyway, you just key in your people. It's like texting on your phone, just done through HUB. I had Alice as one contact, Dwayne as one contact, and Alice/Dwayne as one contact. When it worked, it was awesome!

You have to keep checking to make sure your phone is in airplane mode and on wifi, but even though our phones were, it still was sporadic. :(

It'll be great when they get the kinks worked out!

I really enjoyed the app on our Breeze cruise in September. Some of my favorite things were:

1. The chat option ($5 per person, per cruise). This helped us keep up with one another and was a lot better than the walkie-talkie days.
  2. Fun Times were readily available. You could mark your favorites and it would give you a reminder 15 minutes prior to that event. LOVED this part!
  3. Photos preview. Although the facial recognition software wasn't the best and we did end up with people that we didn't recognize on the app (this was a little comical), I did love that I could look at my pictures and at the end of the cruise, go through and pick the ones that I absolutely wanted instead of having to go and get them off the wall and hope that they would still be there at the end of the cruise. I also downloaded all of my 8x10's instead of purchasing them on the ship. $17.99 to download them vs. $22.99, I believe, to purchase the actual print.

One suggestion that I would have as an addition would be to have the nightly menus available on the app.

All in all, we loved it. I had downloaded it a few months before our cruise and would check it regularly to see how many days until our cruise. Loved that option, too.