Tables for 2 on Millennium with Select?

cheffip

Any experience or advice getting a table for 2 with Select Dining in the MDR? Long wait times?

I'm assuming the 7-8 pm period is the busiest?

No problem getting a two-top. We always pre-book select dining times on the website. You can always change/cancel them once on board. I like to eat at 6:00 every night so not sure what the busiest time is.:D

• 1 month later...

I see people requesting a table for two frequently. Each to their own, of course, but my wife and I feel that meeting new people is one of the joys of traveling. True, we have been unfortunate to have some experiences with bad tablemates and have just requested a move quickly in those rare cases. We have met some people that we still are friends with and have sailed again with on some cruises.

It also seems that a lot of the tables for two are not in prime locations in the dining room.

But, once again, each to their own.

Our experience on Millenium in January wasn't brilliant. We booked seating for 8.15 online pre cruise , table for two. First night there was a queue but not too bad , second night the queue went right back into the bar, never seen anything like it, and it was the queue for people with reservations. We complained when we got to the front as did several others, and they sent chocolate strawberries to our cabin. We booked Olympic a couple of times and also used bistro on five. It was interesting to see the waiters from Qsine touting for business in the queue every night. Maybe it's a new tactic to get more people into speciality restaurants! The select dining space is far too small and the tables are crammed together. If you can , try and get a table on the edge overlooking the MDR. They are probably the least crowded.