2 Lanes Cape Liberty

KyleClark

Trying to get my sense of direction at Cape Liberty for embarkation. Correct me please, The new parking garage (G) is to the left of the new white terminal? The drop-off area (D) is in front of th white terminal? You stay to left at the fork for the garage and to the right to get dropped off?

I'm also considering a car service. Is there a wait area for them upon debarkation? Do they take the same road as the dropoff route?

Thanks!

z9nst.jpg

Trying to get my sense of direction at Cape Liberty for embarkation. Correct me please, The new parking garage (G) is to the left of the new white terminal? The drop-off area (D) is in front of th white terminal? You stay to left at the fork for the garage and to the right to get dropped off?

I'm also considering a car service. Is there a wait area for them upon debarkation? Do they take the same road as the dropoff route?

Thanks!

z9nst.jpg

Yes. That's correct.

Everyone takes the same road. My recollection is that there is a car service wait area near the terminal, but it's not very big so many drivers pull off to the side further out on the incoming road and wait for calls from their clients. I don't know if that has changed since the new garage opened. Perhaps others will comment.

I believe I read in another post that if your using a car service and can trek your own luggage it might be quicker to get dropped off at the parking garage?

That could be a good strategy. Many folks who park in the garage are doing just that.

• 2 weeks later...
Can DH drop me and the luggage off at Bayonne, then park the car as before?:confused:

Yes, you can still do that. However some folks find that they can easily bypass the chaos of the drop off area, park in the garage, and just walk back with luggage. It's a personal choice.

We are 4 adults...is it a easy walk from parking garage to the terminal? I would rather avoid the crowd if we can. I don't mind lugging my suitcase for a short jaunt...the picture makes it look fairly easy. Anyone thats been to the new parking garage have input on this?? Thanks!

We are 4 adults...is it a easy walk from parking garage to the terminal? I would rather avoid the crowd if we can. I don't mind lugging my suitcase for a short jaunt...the picture makes it look fairly easy. Anyone thats been to the new parking garage have input on this?? Thanks!

I'm doing it next weekend and will post back on the experience.

We can not lug all our luggage, so that means drop me off with luggage? No porters in parking garage?

Once I'm dropped off with luggage, does my DH have to go around the block again to enter the garage, or is the entrance to the garage after drop off?

Thanks for all replys

Edited by Ocean Dancer

We can not lug all our luggage, so that means drop me off with luggage? No porters in parking garage?

Once I'm dropped off with luggage, does my DH have to go around the block again to enter the garage, or is the entrance to the garage after drop off?

Thanks for all replys

No one has mentioned porters in the parking garage. Garage entrance is after the drop off. No reason to circle around.

Thank you Carol, that's what I wanted to hear, but yes, drop off can be three cars/lanes wide blocking everything. Someone has always waved us to a drop off location. Then DH had to go around the buildings to park, backtrack. Also no shuttle bus to the ship anymore?

No more shuttle bus. Replaced by a hike - zig zag onto the ship.