Post cruise Hotel

Broch

We have just had our post cruise hotel Hyatt Rregency cancelled by RCCL and now have had to accept the Doubletree Grand hotel. It is about a mile from Hyatt. Has anyone stayed there with RCCL and is it allright for commuting e.g. location, also standard etc. I see from reviews that it is not like an ordinary hotel as it is mainly Condos We are still staying at Hyatt pre- cruise. I am little bit dissapointed with them as the Hyatt had been booked for four months.

Hi Boos Mom

Sorry just realized after I sent message I frogot to say it was three night post cruise hotel in MIAMI. We will be sailing on Explorer Eastern caribbean from Miami. Just getting used to using message board. Hope i have replied correctly.

Ally from scotland

We have just had our post cruise hotel Hyatt Rregency cancelled by RCCL and now have had to accept the Doubletree Grand hotel. It is about a mile from Hyatt. Has anyone stayed there with RCCL and is it allright for commuting e.g. location, also standard etc. I see from reviews that it is not like an ordinary hotel as it is mainly Condos We are still staying at Hyatt pre- cruise. I am little bit dissapointed with them as the Hyatt had been booked for four months.

Doubletree is nice BUT Hyatt is better especially in MIA.

Couple of tips - two years ago we called RCCL about pre-cruise and they told us for March the best they could do for us was a 2 night pre cruise.

My TA said - why not check their website. Did that and found a one night web rate for $239 with a AAA rate for $179 and an AARP rate for $112.50. The other couple we were traveling with was 70 so they were going to get the AARP rate but I was going to be 62 in the fall. Called Hyatt and since I am Gold Passport I asked innocently what about us - the gal said - bring your AARP card and she would give us the $112 rate. Not a bad deal eh - Gets better.

We ate dinner in Japengo - waiter asked if we were on a cruise - answer yes, What cruise line - RCCL - Good 0 he says - dinner was a 20% discount AND he said save your receipt for a 10% discount for breakfast. HE LIED - it was 20% as well.

Doubletree Grand is an unusual "hotel"... Yes, it's part hotel and part residential condos... It's probably okay if you get a "deal", but otherwise I'd want to go somewhere else. There's really nothing to walk to from there, you'll need a car or taxis.

Thanks hermang and others for your reply. Our problem is we are booking an all inclusive deal from the U.K. which includes cruise, flights and hotel inc Transfers. The reason RCCL gives for cancellation is that they don't now have a contract with Hyatt in Miami for pre or Post cruise stays only one night mandatory ones. However I will try and get a similar price from Hyatts website as I too am a gold member and then try and cancel RCCL hotel part of package. Other thing is price from RCCL £238 inc transfers ( AROUND $400) for 3 nights. seems good. We also do not get the AAA OR AARP rates. Annoying thing is I asked RCCL when I booked if there was any chance of this hotel going off as I new of other hotels that had and I was told that as it was a hotel that we use for our mandatory guests it would be o.k.

Archived