Phone number to pay off balance

Someone is asking on fb for a FREE number to call Thomson to pay off a balance on a cruise. Apparently you cannot pay for a cruise online, although you can for a hotel and you can no longer pay at a TA for anything booked online?? Will check that out!

A while back someone gave a number on here to book without paying premium charges but can't remember what it was.

The number suggested on fb is 020 3636 1862. That is a London number, so is that free if you have a package with BT etc

When I booked one on line, the TA said they couldn't access the booking number on their computer. The invoice had a normal number on, and it had come from a TA in Sheffield so I rang that number to pay my balance. They were also very helpful in getting the airport assistance for Ray and answering any queries without having any premium phone bills.

just got this back today

Stevie:rolleyes:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the online payment system is down until further notice so the only way of paying is to call us on 0203 451 2688. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Chantelle

TUI UK

So does that mean you have to use the phone for both hotel and cruise holidays Stevie?

Well, apparently the number, being a London number, is free if you have a package such as BT, Plusnet etc or you have a mobile package.

Strangely the number on my balance reminder for our hotel holiday in May says 0203 451 2688 and according to the info from two sheds that is the number for two centre holidays!

Thomson though!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah, no the real reason is that as soon as you have paid the balance, you get the hard sell to pay to book your seats!

I have just phoned and paid with my debit card. The man disappeared for a while to "put my payment through" then came back and started trying to get me to pay to select my seats. When I said no, he just went on and on, saying that we might not sit together, so I told him we never paid as we should be able to sit together as we had always done before they started this paying extra lark!

Then he said that most people booked their seats - wrong! I looked on the seating plan yesterday for my holiday next week and about half were still available. When I pointed out that it was only a short hop to Menorca, he said "But it is your holiday, don't you want everything right?"

Then he said that if I didn't book my seats I would not be able to check in online and would have to check in at the airport! Rubbish, I said as I booked in online last night and hadn't booked seats and had seats together both ways.

On and on and on he went................and wouldn't listen to me. Eventually, I managed to ask if my money had gone through and he said yes, so I hung up and my mobile pinged with a message saying they had received my money.

I think I may email Thomson over this. What is the best email to use?

• 3 weeks later...

Paid my balance on Thursday. Rang the customer services number and got through to a call center in India. It took the operator quite some time to locate my booking even though he asked me to confirm my name five times! He eventually told me he could not process my payment as my booking was subject to change and gave me another number to ring.

On ringing the different number I was told this was a mistake and that this team usually dealt with changes to holidays such as Egypt and Tunisia cancellations - he said that the call center in Goa was telling a lot of people to ring them when they should be dealing with it themselves. The operator though was very helpful and took my payment rather than refer me back to the original call center.

After recent problems with the organisation of our transfers on our last cruise and stay holiday I am really losing confidence in Thomson's.

Paid my balance on Thursday. Rang the customer services number and got through to a call center in India. It took the operator quite some time to locate my booking even though he asked me to confirm my name five times! He eventually told me he could not process my payment as my booking was subject to change and gave me another number to ring.

On ringing the different number I was told this was a mistake and that this team usually dealt with changes to holidays such as Egypt and Tunisia cancellations - he said that the call center in Goa was telling a lot of people to ring them when they should be dealing with it themselves. The operator though was very helpful and took my payment rather than refer me back to the original call center.

After recent problems with the organisation of our transfers on our last cruise and stay holiday I am really losing confidence in Thomson's.

That's why I booked my cruise and hotel holidays at the Travel Agents.....let them have the hassle. Ok I paid £25 admin fee, but.....

Me too Jackie. Although I normally use our local TA anyway I am really glad I did so this year with all the problems people have had with the website and Thomson admin. Some of the stories on FB are unbelievable!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I paid my balance over the phone on Thursday, from dialling the number to putting the phone down was a total of 4 minutes. No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Lynnbom

Calls to standard UK landline numbers such as 0203 xxx xxxx have never been "free" in my experience.

They may be included in deals offered by BT and TalkTalk etc. - but you pay for these upfront with the overall package.

Never had any issues paying Thomsons - maybe we have that delightful experience to come at sometime in the future ?