Does anyone know the days on which formal nights are on FOS?

ryzmom

Does it really matter??? Pack what you gotta pack and enjoy your cruise!

Tyler80,

This is the second posting in a row I've read this morning where you have responded to the OP "why does it matter?" or "does it really matter?"

I suppose it does matter to the OP or they wouldn't have asked the question in the first place. Not everybody has the same priorities that you have. Maybe you could just ignore the posting if it's about something you're not interested in.

I really should ignore posts like this because questions like that drive me crazy! Obviously if there are 2 formal nights, you'll need 2 formal outfits, does it matter which days are the formal ones? Not really. Pack 2 formal outfits along with other casual and smart casual clothing and you'll be good to go. It's not like taking a college exam or having a baby. You don't have to pack the clothes in your luggage in order to how you're going to wear them. Just really enjoy your cruise vacation and don't sweat the little stuff.

I really should ignore posts like this because questions like that drive me crazy! Obviously if there are 2 formal nights, you'll need 2 formal outfits, does it matter which days are the formal ones? Not really. Pack 2 formal outfits along with other casual and smart casual clothing and you'll be good to go. It's not like taking a college exam or having a baby. You don't have to pack the clothes in your luggage in order to how you're going to wear them. Just really enjoy your cruise vacation and don't sweat the little stuff.
Yes, you are right about the number of outfits to pack. I think the reason that it matters to some people what particular nights the formal dinners are on is because it might make a difference on whether or not they will be having dinner in the dining room, or maybe eating ashore at a restaurant there, etc. For example, I am cruising Thanksgiving week. I wanted to know specifically what days the formal dinners are on because we are in Cozumel on Thanksgiving day. Since that is our long port day (until 11pm) I will have to make a choice about whether to have dinner in Cozumel, or go back to the ship for the turkey dinner with all the trimming (formal night). If I choose to stay ashore, that means I only need to pack 1 formal outfit, not 2. Sometimes people ask questions that might seem obvious or silly to me, but I try to remember that I probably ask questions that are obvious or silly to somebody else. I think it's really great to have the CC board as a place to find answers to all my dumb questions!

I would expect there will be 2 formal nights on the Freedom of the Seas or does anyone know exactly the days of which they are held? It is the second night and the last night or what? Thanks !! :)

It might be better to ask that question after people have sailed on her. When I get back from my trip on her third sailing, June 18, 2006, I will let you know which nights are formal and that will give you plenty of time before your Oct cruise.

You know some people are mad planners and some just go with the flow. Berating someone for not having the same attitude never really changes anything and can hurt feelings.

As for the Freedom, since she has not sailed yet no one really has the answer but normally the second and fifth night is correct.

Archived