Having major birthdays while onboard

bytes

But posting negative comments here is ok with you? I'm sorry but you didn't need to comment. I just LOATHE adults who feel the need to be negative and rude .....

I agree, I am about to turn 70 and love having Happy Birthday sung to me! Why would you be mortified and believe it to be wrong?? I celebrate every day that I awake, each day is a gift and I must use it for joy and celebration.

We are going on the Breeze in March. My daughter will be turning 17 while on the cruise. I would love for her to receive something special from Carnival. Did you ask your travel agent to arrange something? Or did you notify Carnival? I'm wondering if this just happened out of the blue or if you did something ahead of time to make it happen.

You can go into your Manage My Cruise information go to cruise details and click on the tab that says guests - scroll to your daughter and enter that she is celebrating a birthday, it will ask for the date!! Just updated my grandson's entry for his March 6 birthday. My PVP already knew that we were celebrating it!

I haven't heard of the new things they are doing' date=' but if you have a travel agent, they can make a note in your booking that someone is having a birthday on a certain date, and the waiters will usually sing and bring them cake with a candle.[/quote']

COPIED FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

Originally Posted by summersigh

We wonder as well. I just filled out our online check-in yesterday and no where in the pages did it ask for special occasions. DH has a birthday in the month we sail so I would have noticed it if there was a question.

THE REPLY:

If you go to your booking and click on the "guests" tab in blue. Under the guests name if you will click on the modify button the choice is there to add it.

COPIED FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

Originally Posted by summersigh

We wonder as well. I just filled out our online check-in yesterday and no where in the pages did it ask for special occasions. DH has a birthday in the month we sail so I would have noticed it if there was a question.

THE REPLY:

If you go to your booking and click on the "guests" tab in blue. Under the guests name if you will click on the modify button the choice is there to add it.

I did this and do not see a modify button? Where exactly is the modify button?

But posting negative comments here is ok with you? I'm sorry but you didn't need to comment. I just LOATHE adults who feel the need to be negative and rude .....

The OP asked a question, I gave answer that was my opinion. I am sorry that our opinions don't match.

I freely admit that I can be brusque, believing that all folks have bark as hard as mine on them but if that was rude, you've not experienced rude before.

You can go into your Manage My Cruise information go to cruise details and click on the tab that says guests - scroll to your daughter and enter that she is celebrating a birthday, it will ask for the date!! Just updated my grandson's entry for his March 6 birthday. My PVP already knew that we were celebrating it!

Thanks for the info. I went into our booking yesterday but couldn't figure it out. It was late and I was tired lol. I'll try again. :)

Okay I tried again and it still doesn't work. I went to Carnival and clicked on "manage" my cruise. Then I clicked on "my booking" and from there I click on "cruise details." From "cruise details" I can't click on a specific name so I click on "my guests." From here I can click on any guest and edit their on line check in but there's no place for birthday info or anything. Am I missing something? (Sorry to bug you but it would be nice if they did something for my daughter.)

Okay I tried again and it still doesn't work. I went to Carnival and clicked on "manage" my cruise. Then I clicked on "my booking" and from there I click on "cruise details." From "cruise details" I can't click on a specific name so I click on "my guests." From here I can click on any guest and edit their on line check in but there's no place for birthday info or anything. Am I missing something? (Sorry to bug you but it would be nice if they did something for my daughter.)

I just did it for myself:

I went to manage my cruises > cruise details> My guests > on the left hand side it says my name and underneath that it says modify. Click modify and at the bottom special occasions. I clicked birthday and it asked me for my birthdate and year (I'll turn 29 on the ship)

I was wondering whether Carnival do anything special for passengers who celebrate major birthdays while on board? Like 40th, 50th, 60th birthdays? If they do, do they do it without anybody having to organise it? Or should you tell them about the birthday before the trip so that they can arrange something?

I'm talking about NO COST things .... the person doesn't eat cake so wouldn't want to be spending money on a cake. Do they give the person a card? Or put a birthday greeting on the door?

(I'm thinking that they don't do anything, because there are way too many passengers on board to commit to doing anything like this?? .... but I'm asking anyway ........)

I just got off the Liberty, and I had a birthday while on board. Not a major birthday, but one year closer to the hole! I got a cake at diner and they sang. And I said don't sing yet they did anyway. And I got a $50.00 gift certificate to there spa.

The OP asked a question, I gave answer that was my opinion. I am sorry that our opinions don't match.

I freely admit that I can be brusque, believing that all folks have bark as hard as mine on them but if that was rude, you've not experienced rude before.

Right, the OP asked a question, he/she did not ask for your opinion. Your opinion was rude and yes, I've experienced rude. Your response was not an answer, nor was it helpful.

Try to enjoy life a little ...

I just did it for myself:

I went to manage my cruises > cruise details> My guests > on the left hand side it says my name and underneath that it says modify. Click modify and at the bottom special occasions. I clicked birthday and it asked me for my birthdate and year (I'll turn 29 on the ship)

I've been trying and I can't find "modify" anywhere under anything on my booking. I even had my teens look at it and they're baffled too. And they're really good with computers. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my cruise being so close. I'm past final payment and the cruise is a little over 3 weeks away. Maybe you can't make modifications this close to your cruise. It will let me edit my online check in but that's it. :(

If you are booked with a TA, there is no "modify" option in your Cruise Manager. Instead, just email cclsupport@carnival.com and ask them to add the special occasion to your booking. I just did, and I received a quick response and my special occasion (40th birthday on my Nov cruise) was added to my booking.

Edited by bakersdozen12

If you are booked with a TA, there is no "modify" option in your Cruise Manager. Instead, just email cclsupport@carnival.com and ask them to add the special occasion to your booking. I just did, and I received a quick response and my special occasion (40th birthday on my Nov cruise) was added to my booking.

Thanks! I thought I was going crazy because there is no modify button anywhere to be found on my Carnival account. Even my husband who is an engineer and really good with computers couldn't find it. I figured there was some reason that some people had the modify button but others had none. At least now I know I'm not going crazy. :) I normally would just email or call my TA but we booked through our credit card company to get a pretty good discount and I don't know how to get back with them. I just sent an email to the address you posted. Hopefully this will fix things. Thanks.