Getaway Illusionarium - seating?

kaultra

I'm sure it's been discussed but can someone tell me where the best seats are to see the show for Illusionarium? Looks like there is no longer a free on the first night or any discount on the first night either. We have the SDP and will use one night to see this dinner show I think. Looks like banquet seating is $11 and floor seating $17/pp. I think I have read the seats are not assigned so you should arrive early for better seats in your category? Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

First of all, you should definitely see it...the magicians were excellent, and I thought the food was pretty good (not Cagney's, but my steak was perfectly cooked). Anyway, we paid for floor seating...I can't remember exactly what time we arrived, but it was pretty close to the show starting (10min prior, maybe?) and were seated in the last row of the "floor" seating. Our view was just fine and not obstructed at all. Behind our row was a large aisle where the servers walked, and behind that were semicircular booths that constitute as the cheaper seats. They were not that far behind us to be honest, but they would have had the servers walking in front of them. I doubt their views were horrible, but the floor seating was only $5 more, so that's why we chose it. There were only 2 of us, so $10 wasn't a big deal. It's definitely not assigned seating. Hope that helps!

June 2006: Carnival Legend, New York-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2007: Carnival Conquest, Galveston-->Western Caribbean

March 2011: Carnival Valor, Miami-->Exotic Western Caribbean

August 2012: Carnival Freedom, Ft. Lauderdale-->Western Caribbean

April 2013: Carnival Valor, San Juan-->Southern Caribbean

August 2015: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2016: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Western Caribbean

June 2016: Norwegian Pearl, Seattle-->Alaska

• 2 weeks later...
They had a 20% off for the first night only for the Illusionarium. It was a good show. I agree that the floor seating is worth it. I liked all the magicians but I wasn't a fan of the mentalist.

Do they do the 20% off on the ship or can u book it online with that promo?

I would also pay the higher price for the floor seating. It's a little better. But, I think all seating is acceptable. Their is a dome over the stage that has lighting effects in it throughout the show -- flashing lights, lightening, mist, etc. As you are seated further from the stage, the less you can see of this "special effects" part of the show. BUT, it's just special effect and they don't really mean anything to the show of than some flashy stuff. Other than that, all seats can pretty much see all that needs to be seen. As you arrive, they ask how many are in your party. Then the hostess will seat you where he/she can. Most of the tables hold about 6 people each, I think. So as the audience arrives, they fill in the spaces of partially filled tables as best they can so that all tables have all seats full. If you arrive near show time and have a larger party, in theory, they might have to split you up to fit in empty space. If there's only 2 of you, then it's easier to place you and you might get great seats if there is a slot for 2 at a good table still. As the last few people arrive, they are really trying to figure out where to put them. So the earlier you arrive, the less "stress" there is about where you'll be seated. But, generally, you don't get a choice unless there's a lot of flexibility (i.e. you're really early, I suppose).

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I'm sure it's been discussed but can someone tell me where the best seats are to see the show for Illusionarium?...Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

First, definitely go and see the show -- it's excellent. Second, my wife & I were lucky enough to get seats in the center section of the front row right at the stage, for the performance we saw. I was a bit worried that sitting that close could possibly ruin some of the magic tricks/illusions because we might be able to see how they were done. But everything was fine, with the tricks and illusions running the gamut from fun to truly baffling. I'd say closer to the stage is better, but if you end up with a seat farther back, don't worry about it. You'll be entertained!

I saw the promo in the freestyle daily. It showed up correctly on our final bill. The Illusionarium was maybe only half full the first day.

So you saw it when u first got on the ship? And booked it on the tv or something? Sorry this is my first NCL cruise... So kinda goin crazy

We had floor seats and ended up getting in line earlier than we planned because we saw people there when we walked by. The suites people got in first and then they sat the rest of us. We were about 3 tables back in the end of a long table. We could see perfectly and really enjoyed it.

We booked it right on those screens you see by the elevators on almost every deck. You could also use your TV or go to the entertainment area near the entrance to the theatre where there are crew members to assist. The screens seem to work a lot quicker than the TV. You will likely not have to hurry to do this as most people are preoccupied with other things the first day and it was only half full.

We are experience NCL people but the reservations needed on the Getaway were new to us. For example, the Headliners club often needs reservations as it is quite popular and standing room only if you get there late. The chairs are hard wooden ones so it isn't easy to sit in them that long! Just be more diligent than usual when reading the freestyle dailies concerning the recommendation to reserve.

We were on the Getaway on Jan 31st-Feb 6, so that was pretty recent. Just check the info that is in your room when you are allowed in (maybe 1-2PM) and then just walk over to one of the electronic boards nearby and reserve. Floor seating is usually preferred but sitting a bit farther away which is cheaper, is no problem. You will see and hear just fine.

One thing to be aware of: things and activities change from cruise to cruise. The thing you have going in your favor is that people who have already seen the Illusionarium on another Getaway sailing may not want to repeat it. I have been reading that it is rarely a sellout. Know that you have no/little choice in food items: mozarella/tomato, Steak and shrimp, fries, broccoli followed by a petty blah chocolate dessert trio.

Edited by Markanddonna

We saw the show when the Getaway first sailed out of Miami, and a couple of days ago, we went to the Pantages in Hollywood to see the Illusionist show, and saw the same guy there that we saw on the Getaway doing the same act.

It would be interesting to know how the show on the Getaway has changed since we saw it.