What do you like o dislike about the Glory?

DebbieMo

We will be sailing on the Glory June 25th and I cannot wait! 6 adults and 4 kids 6-12. It will be right in the middle of summer so I'm hoping it's not super crowded.

Tell me what you like or dislike about this ship! Would also love to hear suggestions of things to do or pass on while on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were aboard the Glory for a 10 day Journeys cruise last month. It's very nice, but nothing really stood out in my opinion.

I did find the gal running the coffee bar in the morning on Lido to be quite energetic and engaging. But other than that, it's just another Conquest class ship with all the amenities one expects.

Liked.... the ship, the crew, restaurant staff, the entertainment... all 5star for us. Not a single complaint.

Disliked..... many of the guests, found them rude, kids running in Lido dining room, grabbing food, adults even pushing people out of way, kids playing on elevators, adults and kids never saying excuse me when they slammed into you in the halls. We were shocked.. When we got off the ship, at Customs, we noticed that the US line was short, the Non-US citizens line was a mile long. We figured that was the reason. Not sure if it was just because it was summer, but the ship was just unpleasant at times due to many of the guests behavior. It was not everyone... but it did seem like for the whole cruise people were very stand-offish and rude in general.

Liked.... the ship, the crew, restaurant staff, the entertainment... all 5star for us. Not a single complaint.

Disliked..... many of the guests, found them rude, kids running in Lido dining room, grabbing food, adults even pushing people out of way, kids playing on elevators, adults and kids never saying excuse me when they slammed into you in the halls. We were shocked.. When we got off the ship, at Customs, we noticed that the US line was short, the Non-US citizens line was a mile long. We figured that was the reason. Not sure if it was just because it was summer, but the ship was just unpleasant at times due to many of the guests behavior. It was not everyone... but it did seem like for the whole cruise people were very stand-offish and rude in general.

Don't know why people let their kids behave that way. One of my kids is a little rambunctious but I would never tolerate any of them bumping into people, being loud or running around where its clearly not ok. Grandparents will be with us and the kids do get away with a little more (running around) with them but I'll make sure to talk to the kids and grandparents. I wouldn't want anyone's vacation disrupted or not be enjoyable.

I did notice on our vacation last year, people in the country we visited were not as polite or friendly.

Glad to hear the ship and staff were great!

Just got off of a 21 day Journey cruise on the Glory.

Wait staff,

American Table Menu (note I said menu)

Room Steward

Caesar Salad at the Pizza Pirate

Hot Chocolate

They had a Lido manager making sure to enforce the 40 minute rule for chair hogs

Guy's Burgers (never thought I would say that but in the past I have not even been able to stand the smell of a Guy's Burger, on this ship they cook them longer and they are done and not all greasy)

Dislikes:

CD, Eric

Lack of entertainment

Hasbro Game Show for a main event in theater for entertainment 4 nights out of 21

The Wandering Nomads (or something like that name) duo...sang 60's ballads...not really the uplifting type of music one would want to hear on a Caribbean Cruise

Debarkation...Eric, the CD, did not call zones to debark...total confusion. We were suppose to be in first group to get off, he never called over PA to even state they were debarking yet, went down to check and 4 groups had already debarked

Lido Coffee...strong as Tar

The ship was in bad shape, almost all of the tiles in lido buffet are cracked and need to be replaced, rust everywhere on the lido deck (walls, speakers, light fixtures, bathroom doors, etc)

No table clothes, I do not place my silver ware on a bare table at home, why would I do it in a public place

No salad fork, Most nights we were given a butter knife and a fork, that is all. I guess this is part of the new American Menu???

Margarine in the MDR, definitely not real butter and most of the people I seen were complaining about this. I do not eat margarine so I asked for the individual butter pats that are wrapped at every meal. JH stated in the past it is whipped butter and showed a pic of a box of INDIVIDUAL wrapped butter pats. There is no way that nasty tasting stuff was butter.

Other than noticing the Customs lines, our Glory "dislike" experience sounds like it was practically identical to yours. We have never before, or since, seen so much obnoxious and rude behaviour onboard any ship as we did on the Glory out of NYC in 2011. Teenagers having food fights at night on Lido, people being rude to each other and crew. We even noticed a lot of couples arguing with each other, throughout the ship. Even the crew seemed less friendly and more standoffish than on any other cruise. By day number 3 or so of the cruise, much of the crew seemed more friendly, at leas towards us, but it was certainly strangely different from all our other cruises. Is this an NYC cruise phenomenon? A fluke of that particular cruise? I don't know - it was our only time cruising out of NYC so far.

Also disliked the deck plan - the location of the MDR makes traffic flow confusing.

Liked: The Fish & Chips place.:)

ETA: I notice that your rude Glory people didn't cruise out of NYC. So it must be a coincidence that we had such similar experiences on the same ship, several years apart.

Edited by ShakyBeef

Customs was a bummer getting off the ship. Lots of people didn't fill out the declarations page correctly. We got off during self assist and there were lines for customs. When we got to the agent he was shocked that our form was all filled out and signed. We were his first that didn't have a problem.

We also had a lot of issues in the MDR. Dinner took an hour and a half the 3 times we went. Waited for menus, waited for each course and then waited for dessert menus and then for dessert. The waiters were running around like crazy like they had too many tables to service.

Other than noticing the Customs lines, our Glory "dislike" experience sounds like it was practically identical to yours. We have never before, or since, seen so much obnoxious and rude behaviour onboard any ship as we did on the Glory out of NYC in 2011. Teenagers having food fights at night on Lido, people being rude to each other and crew. We even noticed a lot of couples arguing with each other, throughout the ship. Even the crew seemed less friendly and more standoffish than on any other cruise. By day number 3 or so of the cruise, much of the crew seemed more friendly, at leas towards us, but it was certainly strangely different from all our other cruises. Is this an NYC cruise phenomenon? A fluke of that particular cruise? I don't know - it was our only time cruising out of NYC so far.

Also disliked the deck plan - the location of the MDR makes traffic flow confusing.

Liked: The Fish & Chips place.:)

ETA: I notice that your rude Glory people didn't cruise out of NYC. So it must be a coincidence that we had such similar experiences on the same ship, several years apart.

From what we could tell, most of the people on the ship were flying out from MIA... wonder if they were all coming from NYC and then from other countries.

As a note.. our previous 2 cruises were out of Galveston and the crowd was the exact opposite. Nice, friendly, good manners.. did see a kid running around in Lido food area onece and his grandma snatched him by the arm and led him back to table. LOL good ol' southerners on those ships! We loved it. Had a blast chatting with people at the bars, at the pool, at the shows, on excursions, ...everyone friendly.

what do I like from the Glory? EVERYTHING!!! I had so much fun!:)

What I dislike from the Glory? NOTHING!!! Everything was perfect.

CD Mike Pack Awesome

Food good

ports of call great

price of the cruise great.

I never had a bad cruise little things happen but that ok.

We had fantastic service. Our room steward was amazing and even the people cleaning the tables in the lido buffet had great big smiles and were always friendly and pleasant.

Do get caesar salad from the pizza place. It is the best on the ship.

I agree with some dislikes about the eggs at breakfast. The omelet station will make you fresh ones if you ask.

My only real dislike was that it seemed like the buffet was always closed when we wanted it. That was pretty frustrating.

Edited by _beachgirl_

Four cruise on Glory and always a good time

Do not like that two nights entertainment is Hasbro. No clue why they would think this is a good thing for an adult crowd. Did it the first night and they had very small crowd and half the people there left within 20 minutes including us.