Dress on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas

momofmeg

Well I said I would post and let you know the dress. Over all people were dressed decent. Casual but not sloppy. We did have a table near us at dinner who never dressed to code. They always wore jeans and tee shirts at dinner every night- even on the 2 formal nights-they were the worse offenders although others dressed a little too casually at dinner also but at least this table were the only sloppy ones that I saw. But over all on formal nights- I would say 90% participated at dinner. Most did change before the shows though.

People were dressed a notch nicer in Chops. I did wear a dressy black dress there. Other women also dressed as nice as I did in Chops- though there were also casually dressed women. The men mostly wore their khakis and button down shirts with collars in Chops.

I did not eat in Portofinos. I looked at the menu and knew there was too much I could not eat there because of my diabetes. Meg ate there though and loved it.

I did find the food in the main dinningroom was not quite as good as it was in the past. It has been 4 yrs. since I was on on RCCL. The choices in the Windjammer were very good and I found I could stick to my diet better there. I still went to dinner every night though and if I did not have good choices I would just go to the Windjammer later and get a salad or something.

My dinningroom waiter did try hard to find me things I could eat which I appreciated. It just did not always work out.

The breakfast and lunch waiters were not so nice and did not like "special orders"-they wanted me to go strictly by the menu. So after a couple of trys I ate breakfast and lunch in the windjammer as there were many more choices there for me.

Chops was great. I had filet mignon that "melted" in my mouth. It was so tender it was almost like eating pudding or mouse. By that I mean I hardly had to chew. The portobello mushroom appetizer was wonderful. I also liked the "Chops" salad which had artichokes in it. My dinner vegs I chose there were saut'ed mushrooms and asparagus. Both good choices for my blood sugar and tasted great also. Chops was DEFINETLY my best meal on ship and well worth the $20 extra charge.

The ship was beautiful. I absolutely loved the promanade and my atruim cabin. It was fun watching the prom. from my cabin window. I loved the coffee and all the great choices for herbal tea at the coffee place on the promande. By the way-though many hated it-I absolutely LOVED the Seattle's best coffee RCCL serves. It was nice to get great coffee on a cruiseship for a change.

It did get a little crowded at times-especially the 2 days at sea-we were a full ship-3600 passengers- so the pool area and the windjammer were not good places on sea days. Also the promande in the evening- would be wall to wall people.

The ship was geared more to family type entertainment so I do think this ship is a good choice for families-but I feel if I do RCCL again I will try the radience class ship. I did enjoy my cruise-but there was just too many kids on ship.

Archived