Subway Watersports Snorkeling Review

cruise pup

I just got back from my cruise on Carnival Valor. I booked a snorkel excursion with Subway Watersports. No deposit was necessary. Patrick, the owner, was waiting for me at the appointed place and time (his directions were simple) and he drove me along with 4 scuba divers to his dock which was about a 20 minute ride. I took the same boat as the divers but I had my own snorkel guide (Helen, what a doll!). We went to 2 different reefs and you can't imagine how spectacular they were. It was like viewing the opening segment of "The Sound of Music" with coral instead of

Alps. The waters were alive with lots of fish too. I had fun following a school of surgeon fishing cleaning the coral. Also saw grouper, trigger fish, trumpet fish, sergeant majors (of course), lots of parrot fish and much, much more. The coral was amazing as well. Elk coral as big as trees, brain coral the size of a table. Through it all Helen, my guide did a great job of spotting interesting sea life and also took good care of me since I'm a "high maintenance" snorkeler. She even put my fins on me in the water while I floated on my back. I would add that all of the divers were equally impressed with their dives. They even spotted the elusive sea horse.

I highly recommend Subway Watersports. I can't wait to return to Roatan. It really makes the other places I've snorkeled pale in comparision.

Cruise pup - are you saying that if my husband dives and I snorkel that we can be on the same boat?? I'm not a diver but didn't want to spend the day alone, so this sounds like it might be an option. Did you snorkel near where they were diving? Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Archived