Kids on Caribbean Princess

Rachelleh

Hi everyone:

We have three kids 12, 11 & 7 we have taken them on RCCL voyager class and Carnival Glory. They LOVED the RCCL ship.

We have sailed on the CB but without the kids, early after she came out so some kinks in her systems when we sailed.

Can anyone tell me how the kids programs are, anyone with reference to RCCL or Carnival vs Princess would be great. Considering sailing her with the kids??

Any adivce or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

This will be our first cruise and from all that I have read Princess treats children very well. The children's programs seem to have plenty of activity and we were able to book staterooms that easily sleep 4.

:) For those newlywed and nearly dead avoid the Dec. 31 CB cruise as it will be loaded with kids.......JOKE :)

My 4 year old really enjoyed the fun zone on the CB. It was a large area inside with an outdoor play area too!

We were on the RCI Radiance last December and the actual facility was a disappointment because it was way to small for the number of children, but they had a much nicer children's pool area and activities everyday you could drop in whenever your child wanted. On the CB when in port, they only have "port day supervision" not regularly scheduled activities.

Have a great cruise!!

we were on cb this past august...not a good experience...our kids did great on royal & celebrity...they said it was boring and didn't want to stay most times...counselors too busy with each other instead of kids...take a pass on princess and kids...

We were on the CB with a 10 and 3 year old, the 3 year old loved the program while the 10 year old thought it was a bit boring. The first sea day, when the 10 year old went into the program he was by himself for about an hour until a few others came. However I did feel that he was liking the idea that he was hanging out with his older 16 year old sister and sought of bonding, since they bicker often at home. I think it all depends on each individual child. Here is a link that could help too:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=157931&highlight=kids+programs

Gaynors, when in December did you cruise the Radiance that you felt the area was too small for the amount of children? TIA

We were on the 9/3-9/10 CB voyage, which was a Holiday week and we saw very few children on that cruise...way less than on Carnival. Personally, I think Princess caters more to couples and our children would not be happy on it. There are no pool Slides, 2 adult only pools (which is nice if you aren't taking kids) and Princess doesn't have as good of food selection as we have experienced on Carnival. Don't get me wrong, we loved our CB cruise, but it was just the 2 of us. We are taking the kids on the Mariner of the Seas in Feb '06 specifically because they have such a great kids program and have a lot more to offer. I have noticed looking at the new ships on most of the lines (except Carnival) are now offering the rock climbing wall and ice skating rinks (including the new Princess ship coming out next year). Just my 2 cents worth.

roe2ship - We sailed the week of Dec. 5th which you would think would not be too busy with kids, boy were we wrong!! There were lots of kids, in fact, the 3-5 year olds had 30 kids:eek: in the program and the 3-5 year old area in Adventure Ocean was less than half the size of the fun zone area for the 3-7 year olds on the CB. I thought that the Radiance actually had better activities for the kids (Whatever you do don't miss Pirate night, it was priceless..) and the Radiance has a much better kids pool area than the CB. However, I think I got into a hot tub only once on the Radiance because there are no hot tubs by the kids pool area, where on the CB they have a nice big hot tub adjacent to the kids pool (the one with the small slide).:D

Archived