Hotels in Hong Kong

sharonbear

Another vote for a hotel in Kowloon instead of the Island. I recommend the Tsim Sha Tsui for easy access to transportation options like the MTR.

My fav is the BP International for balance of cost, MTR access, 5 min walking distance to Macau/China Ferries, and room size. BP also offers free transfers from the Airport Express (K4 shuttle).

https://www.expedia.ca/Hong-Kong-Hotels-B-P-International.h906604.Hotel-Information

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/complom_free_bus.html

Some budget Hong Kong rooms can be incredibly small. Pay attention to reviews.

[YOUTUBE]Y91Mz1_MmUI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

Another vote for a hotel in Kowloon instead of the Island. I recommend the Tsim Sha Tsui for easy access to transportation options like the MTR.

My fav is the BP International ..................

Absolutely agree on Tsim Sha Tsui for convenience - close to the Star Ferry terminal, handy to the MTR, Nathan Road shops, etc.

But my fav is the Salisbury, especially for the location & value.

JB :)

We stayed at the Salisbury last year and enjoyed it a lot. As mentioned the location couldn't be better and it has recently been refurbished. The rooms though, as with several HK properties are small. We had a view room that gave us a good view of the harbor.

We enjoyed a very good buffet dinner there one evening.

We booked early because it does get sold out quite often. But a couple of weeks prior to our stay, I happened to look at their website and saw that they were offering sale rates for non-refundable bookings. I phoned them and had our rate adjusted. So, if you do book there, keep an eye on their website for any deals.