Accessible Tour in Dominica

sanspike

We just got back from the Southern Carribean and found an accessible tour with a private driver. Didn't know they had any. The vehicle can tie down one wheelchair or scooter. There is room for 5 others. We had a very nice 1 1/2. Charged us $25 pp.

Lewis Romain

Lewisromain102@hotmail.com

I would highly recommend him.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from the Southern Carribean and found an accessible tour with a private driver. Didn't know they had any. The vehicle can tie down one wheelchair or scooter. There is room for 5 others. We had a very nice 1 1/2. Charged us $25 pp.

Lewis Romain

Lewisromain102@hotmail.com

I would highly recommend him.

What was his van like? Rear entry ramp? Condition of van ... newer or on its last legs?

In Nov 2009 I toured in a very old wheelchair van. I have not seen one there since.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Ship docked at Woodbridge Bay. There is a lovely stretch of new sidewalk along the waterfront but does not go into town. It is not safe to continue with scooter or wheelchair beyond where sidewalk ends. The street was very narrow and newly asphalted but with no shoulder and a 6" or better drop off on each side. Nice to know they have a w/c van again.

Rear entry lift. Roll on and it lifts up. Can't say how old the van was but seemed in really good condition. We just got lucky finding this tour and wanted to share. It was a very pleasant drive. I loved getting to see the rainforest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear entry lift. Roll on and it lifts up. Can't say how old the van was but seemed in really good condition. We just got lucky finding this tour and wanted to share. It was a very pleasant drive. I loved getting to see the rainforest.

Thanks! I have several more Caribbean cruises in my future and this might come in handy.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi. I'll be cruising with my mom soon and I would like to know what your tour consisted of. Thanks.

Lewis asked us what we wanted to do. We went thru the city and toward the rainforest. You could email him. He was very nice and I highly recommend his tour.