Kids clubs

We6crooze

Hi I am fairly new to cruising. Does anybody know if we can register kids for the kids clubs before we set sail or only when we are on the ship? Also does NCL limit the number of children allowed to be registered?

Any information on this would be great.

I am sailing on the Jade at the beginning of April

Hi I am fairly new to cruising. Does anybody know if we can register kids for the kids clubs before we set sail or only when we are on the ship? Also does NCL limit the number of children allowed to be registered?

Any information on this would be great.

I am sailing on the Jade at the beginning of April

No pre-register

Yes it is limited

You cannot pre-register. I don't think they limit the number that can register, but they do limit the number that are in the club at any given time due to staff and space requirements. Since you are cruising during what may still be a busy time (end of spring break), you may want to get there even before the club opens if you want to make sure to get a spot on any particular day.

Like the others said you have to register them on the ship, we usually get lunch then head over there right after. On Escape, they did have a limit of only 10 in the under 3 drop-off program ($20/session) so if one was full you had to choose another time/day but they allowed you to sign them up for as many as you wanted ahead of time, just had to give them 12 hours notice if we were cancelling. We sailed Thanksgiving week on Escape so lots of kids, and my other daughter was in the 6-9 group, she went to a lot of the sessions. We always went right when it opened so while we sometimes encountered a line, we never got turned away.

Edited by CamaCama

Not for nothing, but one would think NCL would have a pretty good idea of how many kids are on a sailing and plan accordingly with staffing....JMO. I, personally, would prefer to pre-register, but I guess that's asking too much...:rolleyes:

Not for nothing, but one would think NCL would have a pretty good idea of how many kids are on a sailing and plan accordingly with staffing....JMO. I, personally, would prefer to pre-register, but I guess that's asking too much...:rolleyes:

I'm sure they do that, our thanksgiving sailing had tons of staff members with the kids at all times. But the room has to hold the amount of kids that come so I'm sure that would be the reason they'd turn some away. I've never heard of it happening though. It's such an easy process once you get on the ship to register them, plus it's nice getting a tour of the place and meeting the counselors on the first day.

I've never heard of the kids club being over subscribed or full on a particular day. We normally board, have lunch, have a wander round the ship and then register the kids.

There were some concerns last year about hitting capacity and being turned away (see this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213057)

We were not turned away at any time during our 2 cruises, but we don't cruise during high season. There may or may not be a wait to register, but there's a good chance of a (short) line to get in most sessions as well.

When you get to the pier and are waiting to board, they will have a table set up (at least in NYC they did) where you can pre-register your children for Splash Academy. They will have all of the forms that need to be signed right there along with the dailies for each age group. The only thing you will still need to do on the ship is get the wrist band for your children and you can do that the first time you drop them off.

I've never seen NCL refuse to register a child for splash academy, but we have been on cruises where they reach capacity and you have to wait until someone leaves before your child can enter.

As for avoiding registration lines, in NYC they sometimes have a registration table inside the terminal. Otherwise have lunch and go straight to kids club, there should not be much of a registration line. Last cruise we did this and were the only ones there :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk