Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

d5b49b88fc9c870672757e7b7ce2b551.jpg

Crappy wifi again last night for me. It keeps saying that I am already logged in somewhere else. At this point I'm so fed up I'm ready to go home.

I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

I'll try to get to your questions in a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any more pics or reviews of your meals or food venues? thx

Yes. Dinner tonight is at Cagney's Steakhouse and then tomorrow night at Teppanyaki. I plan on taking a bunch of photos at both places.

So far I have no complaints about the food on this ship. We've been to the buffet twice, O'Sheehan's a bunch of times, Savor once for dinner and Manhattan Room twice for dinner. Dinner at Manhattan Room one night had pretty slow service but other than that everything has been great.

Well.....at least yours is concerned about your belongings. We came back tonight and our stateroom door was actually open....not latched at all, and no one was in there. Scary.

Wow! Scary is right.

Following both Doug and this cruise has been awesome!!! Someone needs to take up the mantle and do it in March!!!

I thought I saw somewhere that SuiteCruiser was going live in a few weeks' date=' but I cant find where I first read that. I'll contribute again in November for the Dawn out of New Orleans :), which may allow for an interesting pre-boarding adventure. A late night wander down Bourbon Street, anyone?

Thanks for recommending my review!

Loved your review! Your girls are too stinkin' cute.

Crappy wifi again last night for me. It keeps saying that I am already logged in somewhere else.

I battled that as well. There seems to be some routine that clears it, but I don't remember the specifics. Something like: closing all browsers, navigating to that local site (mycounter something?), then trying to navigate to google or some other remote site, which would bring you back to the initial sign-on screen.

I thought I saw somewhere that SuiteCruiser was going live in a few weeks, but I cant find where I first read that. I'll contribute again in November for the Dawn out of New Orleans :), which may allow for an interesting pre-boarding adventure. A late night wander down Bourbon Street, anyone?

Loved your review! Your girls are too stinkin' cute.

I'll be onboard in a a couple of weeks, not so sure about a LIVE review, following you guys will make it tough! I'd have to burn something else off to make it interesting :)

I'll be onboard in a a couple of weeks, not so sure about a LIVE review, following you guys will make it tough! I'd have to burn something else off to make it interesting :)

I agree. I'm also going on a cruise in a couple of weeks and considered doing my 1st live review but after seeing the job these 2 have done makes it quite intimidating!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

What cruise are you going on? We are heading off March 16th and it will be our first NCL cruise 😊

YorkVillian, Doug, CamaCama,

Have you gone/went to Pincho Tapas Bar? Doug/CamaCama I don't remember seeing any pictures in either of your reviews.

We are going to be on the March 5th cruise and I'm trying to get familiar with cruise ship through your reviews. I don't see many reviews about this place. Is it just bar food or can you have dinner here as well.

Thanks,

Betty

Dave, glad to see you made it. Besides a being a great writer, Yorkvillian is also a card holding member of the Peter Luger fan club. A cruiser geek and a carnivore. Could it get better?

Definitely demonstrates good judgment.

And taste. Figuratively and literally. :)

Lol. You guys are killing me. I have Cagney's Steakhouse reservations tonight but now I'm craving Peter Luger.

Have you noticed any Bars that do not allow the drink package? I remember reading that the mojito bar did not take it, is it true?

Thank you for all the answers :)

I haven't been to the Mojito bar. I know the mini-bar in your room is not covered by the UBP.

Bummed that you weren't able to make it, as I'd have really enjoyed meeting you.

I'm sitting here tonight thoroughly enjoying your review, which is the first I've ever kept up with while being on the exact same sailing . . . and thankful that the unlimited internet plan offers me the chance to read your terrific humor. Great job!! :)

Perhaps we'll still cross paths. Have a great cruise, Tim!!

Thank you. We are at most trivia games (except country music trivia tonight which we will not be going to). Right now we are on the deck 19 sun deck forward port side. A trip to the grotto is definitely in my plans shortly.

Lol. You guys are killing me. I have Cagney's Steakhouse reservations tonight but now I'm craving Peter Luger.

MMM, red sauce and bacon. Followed by a platter of meat, enough to share. Layout the gold coins to finish. Put this on a ship and it would be heaven. Sorry Tim, this discussion will make you hungrier for tonight. Remember, Del Rio is not an appetizer.

Dave85 and I ate at Luger's for Our first times almost two years ago. We should do it again and include the Yorkvillain. The discussions would be great, and the ladies would be rolling their eyes.

Dave85 and I ate at Luger's for Our first times almost two years ago. We should do it again and include the Yorkvillain. The discussions would be great, and the ladies would be rolling their eyes.

Ha. Sign me up!

YorkVillian, Doug, CamaCama,

Have you gone/went to Pincho Tapas Bar? Doug/CamaCama I don't remember seeing any pictures in either of your reviews.

We are going to be on the March 5th cruise and I'm trying to get familiar with cruise ship through your reviews. I don't see many reviews about this place. Is it just bar food or can you have dinner here as well.

Thanks,

Betty

We have not been there but I believe you can have dinner there. I could be wrong.

Went to Peter Luger several years ago before our cruise on the Glory. Love their big slice of bacon.

What's that? You want to see some more losing trivia sheets? Ok, here you go.

John Hughes trivia:

I swear I came up with the team name before we started, not knowing there would be a question #21. The answer to #21 following our team name flows nicely.

ce85be8084a90a37abcac2389b84da5b.jpg

Beatles music trivia below:

2b4d6813efc825329a6bdf7bf9162df1.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

It's too bad NCL dropped the ball on the WIFI/internet speed on such a new ship, not to mention the cost for the full week of access. (compared to RCI)

Would have been nice to see some more Periscopage.

I know. I was hoping to periscope 2-3 times each day.