How long and rough is boat ride to Goffs Cay?

Aggies24

We have a party of 9 ages 2-60 looking for a beach with a short water taxi ride. How long is the ride to Goffs Cay? How does it compare to the crazy ride from Cozumel to playa del Carmen? That ferry ride was torture for me. Lol

Also, I can't seem to find any company that offers just a water taxi ride over without a snorkel tour. My kids are fine to snorkel from shore and I don't want to pay extra for a tour. Is there anything like that available? $40 seems expensive for a ride and back for a party of 9. Any other closer and pretty beach options other than Goffs cay? Thank you

Its about a 20 minute ride, maybe a little more. You'll pass your ship on the way out to the Caye. It is nothing like the ferry trip from Cozumel to Playa. You'll be on a smaller boat, may hold a dozen or so, that goes fast. How rough it is will depend completely on the weather. When we went out it was flat as glass, when we came back it was a bit choppy, kids loved it. Don't know about your other questions.

Yeah, I'd say it was a little longer, maybe 30 minutes. We booked through belizeshoreexcursions.com and our boat held about 40 people. As mentioned, the ride depends on the day. When we were there is was fairly choppy, but the ride wasn't uncomfortable. If the waves are OK for the tenders, the ride to Goff should be fine.