Limo Service from LAX to Long Beach

1932Canal

Thank you, but I already have the Hotel arranged in Long Beach, so I just would like some advice on transportation from LAX. Limo or Cab or what?

Paul.

If you want an actual stretch limo or maybe a town car, you are in luck, as there are TONS of those types of companies in L.A. For town cars, I think the rates can actually be pretty competitive with taxi cabs.

I wish I could actually recommend a particular company, but I can't. Maybe a quick internet seacrh will yield lots of choices. Scanning through the L.A. yellow pages certainly will.

We've used Sky Limo (800-359-1800) to and from LAX and really like them. It's $65 from our house one way - we live about 3/4 of the way from LAX to Long Beach, but they can give you a quote. With just two or four of us, we find a town car (Lincoln Continental) to be just fine with three in the back & one up front with the driver. Lots of room in the trunk.

My boss uses a company called Execu-Car. I don't have their number, but a Google search should work.

yup...lots of limos and town cars, certainly cheaper than taxis! Cant recommend any in particular, but the company below only charges about $30 per half hour, no minimum. Again, I have never used them (even though I'm in LAla land, we use super shuttle ;) ). If that is the price for everyone, it might be a great deal....but again....I have never used this company.

http://www.theblacklabelcompany.com/default.asp

The port is only about 1/2 hour-45 mins away from the airport if there is no traffic (which is between 2 am and 4 am :( ). Otherwise....it depends. Is it raining (even a little)?? Then we are on "storm watch" and everyone is crashing into each other. Accident? Concert? Ball game? Full moon? In the town car you can watch a movie. lol.

Have fun in Hawaii....I'll be cruising the E.C. on the Mariner at the same time. Happy holidays!

I think Super Shuttle owns Execu-Car. Can't remember where I read that. My only beef with Super Shuttle is that, if it's just one or two people, they will circle the airport several times to pick up additional fares. Then you may have to wait while those people are dropped off first. The car services won't do that.

SharC...read over the posts on this board and the ports board. You are better off getting a shuttle or a town car from lax....they will be cheaper than a taxi...really!!! The town car will probably be less than the taxi-and much more comfortable! Especially if there is traffic...and there is always traffic.

We will be coming in to LAX on Friday and are going to take a cab to the hotel in San Pedro. When we get off the ship the following Saturday will there be cabs at the pier?

suznf may be right about the shuttle being less costly than a cab, but I just wanted to tell you that there will be a line of taxis when you disembark the ship.

Thanks. We did this same cruise on RCCL last year and took a cab from the airport but did the transfer with the cruise line after the cruise. We just wanted to be sure we could grab a cab as soon as we got off the ship. The cost of the cab must not have been bad because we don't remember what it was.

Archived