"Anonymous" Hacker Arrested After Rescue By DCL

PopFla

DCL ship rescued a man and his wife from their disabled sailboat near Cuba. He was identified as a person wanted for a hacking attack on a Boston hospital and was associated with the hacker group "Anonymous".

Story from NBC News: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/suspected-hacker-arrested-after-rescue-sea-during-disney-cruise-n520131

[quote=moki'smommy

I wonder why it made national news. That article (actually a few articles) were sent to me from friends and family while I was on the ship and popped up when we came back to Miami. Was it the amount of people on the boat?

I certainly can't say why this particular "rescue" generated news reports. When I did a google search, the first 3 items concerned this event. The next were earlier passenger pick ups by the Magic and Wonder followed by some by Royal ships. These were all within the last 2 years. I was on a cruise that picked up 2 people--it did not appear in my cursory search.

Perhaps there is a political tie in to the news reports since Obama is scheduled to visit Cuba.

Edited by moki'smommy