Rum factory then boatyard

Thebosn1

I have a port call in Barbados from 10-6. My thought was to take a cab to the Mount Gay factory for a tour, return to the ship and then take a cab to the Boatyard for the rest of the day on the beach. has anyone done this before, I think the factory and the boatyard are in opposite directions, but not far from the ship. Anyone been to Barbados think this is a plan that just won't work?

Jim

• 6 months later...
I have a port call in Barbados from 10-6. My thought was to take a cab to the Mount Gay factory for a tour, return to the ship and then take a cab to the Boatyard for the rest of the day on the beach. has anyone done this before, I think the factory and the boatyard are in opposite directions, but not far from the ship. Anyone been to Barbados think this is a plan that just won't work?

Jim

This is doable, but I would stop off at the Boatyard on my way back from the Rum Factor, it would save you a lot of time. Evening traffic in Barbados can be a problem especially coming from the Boatyard, having to pass through the city to get to the port. Rent the cab for the day and make returning to the ship the last stop. If you want to be closer to the ship, there is a nice beach call "Brandon's Beach" where you will be able to see the ship from the beach is about a 10 minute cab ride away. Enjoy my home Barbados:)

BajanFab

aka Fabian