Havana Aft Balconies - Deck 6

js

Hi. I have an aft Havana balcony booked on the Vista. It is the only one available. It is in the middle of aft Deck 6. I am wondering if this is where the bar and music will be and if it will be loud. I guess only time will tell but wondered if anyone else had thought about this too.

Thanks.

I'm also on Deck 6 in a Havana aft balcony. My family is me and two kids- one a teen and one in college who will bring a friend or family member the same age. So we aren't really concerned about the noise. I'm sure it will be noisy at night if the band is playing or it's a club atmosphere.

I'm also on Deck 6 in a Havana aft balcony. My family is me and two kids- one a teen and one in college who will bring a friend or family member the same age. So we aren't really concerned about the noise. I'm sure it will be noisy at night if the band is playing or it's a club atmosphere.

It will just be my mom and me. My dh will be home, my dd is in law school and my ds will be away at college so I guess we will make the best of it. I traveled with my mom and dd-22 on Breeze last month and we were usually back to our cabin around 12-1 am. I wanted a Havana Cabana or Havana balcony so I guess I will just go with the flow. If an earlier date in January or February opens up for the cabanas, I will end up moving anyway. I really want the 8 night. Have a great time with your family!

When are you going? I am going on March 5.

When we were on the Sunshine last summer, we were also in the aft but on Deck 5. It was very easy to get to the Havana area by hopping on an elevator. So there were many nights we passed by there to get pizza or get to the Lido deck and they were playing loud music. Definitely around midnight or later. I'm wondering if it will be harder to hear the music if they aren't on the pool deck area and just in the lounge. Well, guess we'll find out with the first few reviews.

We are cruising 11/26 of this year. Can't wait!!!

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time on the Vista no matter what date or cabin your end up choosing in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked in a Havana Premium Balcony on deck 6.

When looking at the rendering of the Aft of the ship, that shows the Havana bar, and pool, we are the bottom most, right cabin with the wrap around.

I can imagine that it will be somewhat noisy, with whatever action is going on below, but, I like the fact that we can sit out on our balcony, and take in whatever performance, or music that is going on right below.

Hi. I have an aft Havana balcony booked on the Vista. It is the only one available. It is in the middle of aft Deck 6. I am wondering if this is where the bar and music will be and if it will be loud. I guess only time will tell but wondered if anyone else had thought about this too.

Thanks.

Please Beware: If your cabin is over the bar area you probably will hear noise at night. A couple of years ago we were over the piano bar. Big mistake. I forgot to check and every night I heard music until 2am. I did get an obc, but I didn't get any sleep and was miserable.

Please Beware: If your cabin is over the bar area you probably will hear noise at night. A couple of years ago we were over the piano bar. Big mistake. I forgot to check and every night I heard music until 2am. I did get an obc, but I didn't get any sleep and was miserable.

Thank you. I moved our sailing so we can sail in an actual Havana Cabana Suite on Deck 5. I wanted to sail in January - February so had to book February 2018. Ended up booking NCL for 2017 instead LOL

Thanks.

Thanks.

We had the same concerns. So, in an effort to mitigate the potential discomfort due to noise, we opted for an Aft Balcony on deck 8.

Thank you. I moved our sailing so we can sail in an actual Havana Cabana Suite on Deck 5. I wanted to sail in January - February so had to book February 2018. Ended up booking NCL for 2017 instead LOL

Thanks.

We will be in a Havana Suite on 5 when we cruise in 2017. I was worried a little about the noise from the Havana Bar but when you look at the deck plan, it seems there is a nice buffer between our cabin and the actual bar. I am thinking it will be quiet.

I am a light sleeper and this is always a concern but I feel better after looking at the deck plan. I agree that Deck 6 looks more susceptible to the noise than the Havana Suites on 5. Which cabin do you have?

We will be in a Havana Suite on 5 when we cruise in 2017. I was worried a little about the noise from the Havana Bar but when you look at the deck plan, it seems there is a nice buffer between our cabin and the actual bar. I am thinking it will be quiet.

I am a light sleeper and this is always a concern but I feel better after looking at the deck plan. I agree that Deck 6 looks more susceptible to the noise than the Havana Suites on 5. Which cabin do you have?

Yes, that buffer will probably be a Havanna inside! There should be an entire cabin between you and the noise/sounds of the bar.

Yes, that buffer will probably be a Havanna inside! There should be an entire cabin between you and the noise/sounds of the bar.

We have 5233 and it looks like (according to deck plan) that there is no other cabin between us and the bar, just a couple of walls and our door. I am going to go look at the deck plan again. Just looked at the deck plans and you are right about the non-suite Havana cabins...there are insides across from them acting as a buffer. Seeing that makes me even more confident that the two walls between us and the bar will be plenty...

Edited by LisaH