Diamond Free Cabin Upgrade

winddawn

The only one time up grade that I received was when I reached milestone at my 25th cruise I got a wrap around balcony on deck six at the back of the ship. I never got an up grade for reaching diamond level. I think Diamond and milestone are different in terms of days at sea correct?

Gary

Two different programs. Diamond is 200 days at sea and milestone is every 25th cruise up to 100.

For my parents we booked them into an oceanview room and upgraded them to a balcony cabin... I'm really not sure what category the balcony was but the girl at the Diamond Desk was amazing and let me pick any cabin I wanted for them... Originally, our PVP upgraded them in a balcony over the Disco, and being in their 80s, I said ummmmmm no, not a good location!!! Called Diamond # and it was so easy to change

I have called the Diamond Desk a couple of times and they are by far, the nicest and easiest to deal with... Oh, and I believe they used it on their 35th cruise, way past them having the 200 days so I guess you can use it anytime you want to

Thanks, Elaine. This is good information.

How do you find out about milestone status? We will be Diamond as soon as we step on board Pride in 3 weeks. :D We have not received any upgrades and matter of fact, DH has called CCL a few times and asked because when we booked she said we would be one of the first to receive an upgrade if available. So I guess we would receive the free upgrade on the NEXT cruise we booked? :confused:Since we weren't Diamond when we booked this one. :confused:

How do you find out about milestone status? We will be Diamond as soon as we step on board Pride in 3 weeks. :D We have not received any upgrades and matter of fact, DH has called CCL a few times and asked because when we booked she said we would be one of the first to receive an upgrade if available. So I guess we would receive the free upgrade on the NEXT cruise we booked? :confused:Since we weren't Diamond when we booked this one. :confused:

Karry, though you will be a Diamond member from the start of your cruise, you won't get the letter welcoming you to the Diamond level until after your cruise is completed and your VIFP status is updated in the system. You will receive a package with your leather luggage tags, and a letter which you will use to get your free Steakhouse dinner for two. Once your VIFP status is updated in the system, there will be a link explaining about the one time free upgrade or free 3rd and 4th passengers in your cabin. Hope this helps!

Karry, though you will be a Diamond member from the start of your cruise, you won't get the letter welcoming you to the Diamond level until after your cruise is completed and your VIFP status is updated in the system. You will receive a package with your leather luggage tags, and a letter which you will use to get your free Steakhouse dinner for two. Once your VIFP status is updated in the system, there will be a link explaining about the one time free upgrade or free 3rd and 4th passengers in your cabin. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jamman.....one "problem." I thought we had a free dinner at the steakhouse THIS cruise because we will be Diamond, so I made a reservation. From what you said, I won't be able to get the free dinner until the NEXT cruise???

You will find PVPs and Carnival reps, too, don't have or give out correct information. Many times we've been told Milestone is a level. GS is the worst.

Milestones are the 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruises you complete. You then are entitled to the corresponding percentage of your base fare on your choice of a subsequent cruise for each. The 100th gives you a max 8 day in an OS for two, your choice.:)

After completing your Diamond level achieving cruise, you will see on your Carnival profile that you are entitled to a category upgrade (best choice OV to BL) on cruise of your choice, or the free additional guests in your cabin (3, 4, or 5th). You should receive a welcome to Diamond letter good for your Steakhouse for two, complementary, luggage tag and passport set and Diamond Desk extension phone number. The staff at Diamond Desk are excellent! Call them with questions, price drops (when cant get your PVP), help with your Milestone credits or to request stock credit. They know their stuff! :):)

Thanks Jamman.....one "problem." I thought we had a free dinner at the steakhouse THIS cruise because we will be Diamond, so I made a reservation. From what you said, I won't be able to get the free dinner until the NEXT cruise???

Not sure, since we didn't try asking for it on our Liberty, Diamond achieving cruise. I would email them (David's) and ask to be sure.

I believe you will have to present your Welcome to Diamond letter for the dinner. I always take proof of OBCs, excursions, concert tix and Bon Voyage purchases with us when we cruise. Documentation is king. We have needed it a few times. :)

Thanks Jamman and 2shoes. I am going to take your advice, Jamman, and email them. I will let you know what they say! I sure am glad I stumbled on this thread! :rolleyes:

Whether or not you get the free dinner this cruise, DO NOT cancel your reservation. Well worth the money! :)

Thanks for the advice Jamman! With all our cruises, this will be the FIRST time we have been to a steakhouse! We like the food in the MDR just fine and can't see spending the extra $. This cruise is an "unexpected treat" as we have had a lot of unexpected expenses and I am just happy to be cruising. Plus it's such a port extensive trip and I want to see all those beautiful islands because I don't know if we would ever go back to them (our usual is PC, Nassau and Freeport, or GT, HMC and Nassau as you know!) Excursion fees add up! So we will see what happens! I emailed Jasmina at the steakhouse and will find out what her verdict is! That was perfect advice! ;)

Karen, Call the Diamond Desk @ Carnival and ask them.. they might be able to get you that Steakhouse Dinner free on your next cruise or at the very least, explain why not .. 1-855-386-8437

• 3 weeks later...

My sister and I used each of ours on 2 different cruises. Both times we upgraded from an interior to a deluxe OV (with the 2 bathrooms). It was nice having a sofa.

We used our perk about 3 or 4 months after we got the perk.

My sister and I used each of ours on 2 different cruises. Both times we upgraded from an interior to a deluxe OV (with the 2 bathrooms). It was nice having a sofa.

We used our perk about 3 or 4 months after we got the perk.

That's an interesting suggestion too, Janey. Having 2 bathrooms would be great under certain circumstances. Thanks! Hadn't thought about the deluxe OV.

:)We were able to use the steakhouse perk on the cruise on which we turned diamond. Diamond services said to let them know at guest services once onboard and they would let the steakhouse know. Even though we had not yet received the diamond welcome letter, guest services confirmed with diamond services. It was taken care of by guests services. We each received a steakhouse meal for 2. We used the second meal on another cruise. We also each used our diamond stateroom upgrade. We were told you pay for a category 6a ocean view room and choose a balcony stateroom from category 8a to 8k.