Inventory Question - Carnival and Online TAs

js

Hi.

When I booked the Vista yesterday I was very open with my dates January - March.

I wanted an 8 night on the Vista.

However, my first priority was the Havana cabanas or balconies.

Therefore I booked March 5 in an aft Havana balcony, 6 nights (really want Deck 5 but I'm on Deck 6) since that was the only category open January - March (March being my least favorite month out of the three months given).

Is it possible that other cruise TAs have different inventory than what CCL has showing available? For instance, could an online cruise TA have some Havana cabanas/balconies available for January/February, which CCL does not see open for inventory?

Not sure if I need to go online each day multiple times a day to check since I really want January first and February second.

Thank you all so much! I know you will know the answer :)

I think it's worth calling Carnival directly. I've never worked with a TA, but I have worked with a PVP. Some are good, some stink (both of my good ones have left), but when you book online, it shows you a weird limitation of only a few cabins that are open at a time. You may be able to just call and ask about the weeks you are interested in. Carnival can see far more availability than what you can see online.

I think it's worth calling Carnival directly. I've never worked with a TA, but I have worked with a PVP. Some are good, some stink (both of my good ones have left), but when you book online, it shows you a weird limitation of only a few cabins that are open at a time. You may be able to just call and ask about the weeks you are interested in. Carnival can see far more availability than what you can see online.

Thank you. I have a PVP but hoped I didn't have to call multiple times a day since I really want an 8 night in a Havana balcony or suite. I am sure between now and January - March 2016, someone may want or have to cancel during those months.

Hi.

When I booked the Vista yesterday I was very open with my dates January - March.

I wanted an 8 night on the Vista.

However, my first priority was the Havana cabanas or balconies.

Therefore I booked March 5 in an aft Havana balcony, 6 nights (really want Deck 5 but I'm on Deck 6) since that was the only category open January - March (March being my least favorite month out of the three months given).

Is it possible that other cruise TAs have different inventory than what CCL has showing available? For instance, could an online cruise TA have some Havana cabanas/balconies available for January/February, which CCL does not see open for inventory?

Not sure if I need to go online each day multiple times a day to check since I really want January first and February second.

Thank you all so much! I know you will know the answer :)

Some cabins can be held for a group booking (but not yet sold). Also, some cabins that hold more than 2 people may not show online for you to see them. Ditto for handicap cabins. Your best bet is to call your PVP and ask what's available.

When I looked at availability recently for my upcoming already booked cruise, I saw different cabins open when I looked at Carnival's and 2 other online booking engines. When I booked that cruise, my PVP was able to book me in a bowling alley balcony cabin that did not show available when I had looked online before calling her.

So yes, there can be cabins available that you can't see.

Some cabins can be held for a group booking (but not yet sold). Also, some cabins that hold more than 2 people may not show online for you to see them. Ditto for handicap cabins. Your best bet is to call your PVP and ask what's available.

When I looked at availability recently for my upcoming already booked cruise, I saw different cabins open when I looked at Carnival's and 2 other online booking engines. When I booked that cruise, my PVP was able to book me in a bowling alley balcony cabin that did not show available when I had looked online before calling her.

So yes, there can be cabins available that you can't see.

Thank you. There are only two of us. Do I have to call my PVP if I call a few times a week or can I ask anyone that answers the phone. They don't make commission so I guess anyone can help me, correct?

Thank you. There are only two of us. Do I have to call my PVP if I call a few times a week or can I ask anyone that answers the phone. They don't make commission so I guess anyone can help me, correct?

Anyone can help you. pvp does receive credit for booking and must book a certain number of cabins per month to keep their job.

Anyone can help you. pvp does receive credit for booking and must book a certain number of cabins per month to keep their job.

Okay. Thanks. Well he got his booking with me so I'll just call and ask whoever answers.

Thanks so much!