Anyone been to a renewal of vows or wedding on a P&O ship?

loobs40

Hi. We have a renewal of vows on Britannia when we sail next week. The RoV blurb insists that for music we must bring a CD disc with our music and they can't play music using a smart phone or ipod or similar.

I find that astonishing as CDs are very old technology and everyone now uses mp3, streaming etc via Bluetooth or usb

I was hoping that someone reading this has been to one of these ceremonies and might have noticed the music setup to confirm or deny that CDS are the only method of playing music

Thanks.

Hi. We have a renewal of vows on Britannia when we sail next week. The RoV blurb insists that for music we must bring a CD disc with our music and they can't play music using a smart phone or ipod or similar.

I find that astonishing as CDs are very old technology and everyone now uses mp3, streaming etc via Bluetooth or usb

I was hoping that someone reading this has been to one of these ceremonies and might have noticed the music setup to confirm or deny that CDS are the only method of playing music

Thanks.

You may understand Bluetooth etc. There will be a lot of people out there who do not.

You could not have streaming on a ship.

They have asked you bring a CD with your music on. I suggest you oblige them.

Bluetooth , USB and streaming are not black magic! I can guarantee every member of staff on the ship knows what they are. And I'll guarantee that there is plenty of technology aboard ship that relies on these newfangled concepts.

Additionally many new laptops, mine included, no longer have cd or dvd disk drives. Most software is downloaded using the Internet theses days. As for streaming, no it would be expensive , not impossible to stream on a ship, however we stream onto our laptops, Pcs, smart phones and then play the music, audio books whatever offline in with no Internet connection

For the price we are paying for the Renewal of Vows it is not to much to expect a simple Bluetooth speaker to be available.

We cannot create a CD so will bring a Bluetooth speaker instead.

Google is your friend.

It's a celebration of our marriage and our love for each other, that we will share with our friends. We get to dress up, read out personal messages and then have a party. Nothing more than that

Bluetooth , USB and streaming are not black magic! I can guarantee every member of staff on the ship knows what they are. And I'll guarantee that there is plenty of technology aboard ship that relies on these newfangled concepts.

Additionally many new laptops, mine included, no longer have cd or dvd disk drives. Most software is downloaded using the Internet theses days. As for streaming, no it would be expensive , not impossible to stream on a ship, however we stream onto our laptops, Pcs, smart phones and then play the music, audio books whatever offline in with no Internet connection

For the price we are paying for the Renewal of Vows it is not to much to expect a simple Bluetooth speaker to be available.

We cannot create a CD so will bring a Bluetooth speaker instead.

Streaming requires a constant and speedy connection to the internet...how would that work on a ship. The ships internet is terribly slow.

1/2 way through and it all starts buffering...

Will you be at sea when the renewal happens or in a port?

By all means bring a Bluetooth speaker ,but as they have said bring a cd, do come back and let us know what happened.

When we renewed our vows on aurora the music was played on a simple CD player. The lovely lady who organised everything on board was really helpful though (Karen - I think she was moving onto Britannia). They will help with everything and will want to make the day really special for you so I'm sure would do their best to play the music from whatever device you have it on. If you can, save it to a usb drive and then they can access it from their computers and write to a disk if they have to.

Have a wonderful day.

Do you have a speaker dock for your phone? If so can't you just take that.

I don't think they like plugging things into their PCs, they don't know where the music has come from and if they plug a usb stick in it could infect there network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a travel Bluetooth speaker which will connect to our phones. We have created an offline playlist in Spotify for our music, so that will do the trick. We have chosen music from Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Take That, Dido and Johnny Cash.

We are so looking forward to the whole day. It's going to be like our wedding day all over again 😊

Do you have a speaker dock for your phone? If so can't you just take that.

I don't think they like plugging things into their PCs, they don't know where the music has come from and if they plug a usb stick in it could infect there network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bacardi ,hadn't thought of that. I guess with their cd player ,they can have the sound go through their amplification system, as nothing is actually plugged into their systems.

They probably would be very wary of anyone plugging something of their own direct into their system because of viruses.

Havent people found out in the past that you cannot plug memory sticks into the tvs to watch your own films. I am sure someone posted that once.