San Diego zoo taxi service

We will be in the port of San Diego next month. Could some one give me some current, up to date information on taxi service from the zoo back to the cruise port? It seems to me that I read some time ago that there were taxis lined up and waiting at the zoo exit; is that still the case? That would be nice for us seniors. Would we have any trouble finding the taxis? Thanks for any info...

Judith

We will be in the port of San Diego next month. Could some one give me some current, up to date information on taxi service from the zoo back to the cruise port? It seems to me that I read some time ago that there were taxis lined up and waiting at the zoo exit; is that still the case? That would be nice for us seniors. Would we have any trouble finding the taxis? Thanks for any info...

Judith

Cabs are lined up, easy to see and the SD Zoo is barely 3 miles away.

• 1 month later...
Do you happen to know the cost from the zoo to the port? Thanks

It's 3 miles, how much could it be? $10? $12? Plus tip.

Also, is an Uber a better option? Or are they not allowed in the port?

The ships are practically on the street in Downtown San Diego. They couldn't stop Uber if they wanted to. See the map below.

https://goo.gl/maps/bjxAYH1aAJn

When cabs pick up they line up outside. I don't if Uber picks up there or if they are a different location, but it couldn't be far if it isn't.

The ships are practically on the street in Downtown San Diego. They couldn't stop Uber if they wanted to. See the map below.

https://goo.gl/maps/bjxAYH1aAJn

When cabs pick up they line up outside. I don't if Uber picks up there or if they are a different location, but it couldn't be far if it isn't.

Thank you for the info! I did not realize that the ship docked right downtown~