When do you put on the carnival luggage tags?

Tharper

Hmmm...Now I am more confused then ever! :confused: :) Too many good points and tips for each option! We are flying in the day before...and what if (Godforbid) they lose our luggage and need to fly it to the ship to catch up (this happened to a co-worker of mine)...Shouldn't I put the tags on so they know what ship we'll be on? Maybe I should just do a combo of these ideas and have our hotel and ship info taped onto the bags....Can you tell I over-analyize a little?! :) :o

For the love of all things holy, just make sure you fill them out BEFORE you are standing around with 30 (not kidding...there may have been more)other family members and sharing one stinking ink pen in the middle of the little drop off circle at the Tampa terminal.

Yes, this goes out to that lovely group of folks that didn't have their tags filled out, on nor were even paying attention to what was going on around them, had traffic stopped, port authority workers yelling at them to get out of the way, cars honking, and they were continuing to hug, wave, chit chat, bump into me, bumping into my car, walked off with one of my suitcases and didn't seem to understand that it WASN'T THEIRS, refused to move when we were trying to back up out of the parking space, and trying to figure out how to fill out the PILE of luggage tags they had in their hands, and blocking all hope of a port authority worker noticing that my husband and I were ready for ours to be picked up and we wanted to get the heck out of that mess! Oh dear LORD!

Stef, see my above post. Sorry we got in y'alls way!:D

Stef, see my above post. Sorry we got in y'alls way!:D

I'm sure it wasn't you...you wouldn't happen to own a very bright hot pink set of luggage would you? LOL! Along with thirty or more of your friends and family....

LOL!

I still can't get that out of my mind...

Stef

Okay, how about this... you show up at the pier in a black suit with a luggage tag hanging from your ear. Stand real still next to some other luggage. The porter delivers you to your stateroom and you get to skip all the waiting in line in the terminal. Sounds like a plan.

This is not our first cruise or anything but we have newbies traveling with us which made me question everything we do. I love the electric tie idea. We use those instead of locks on our luggage so if they feel the need to cut it off to search the bag they can but if it makes it through without being checked we have the added security of the ties to keep the bags closed. So we will now use those to attach the luggage tags.

Thanks!!!

I have always flown the day before and always attached tags at hotel before we go to the port. Then this last February, the airline lost all of our luggage (4 bags), gave them all the information, at hotel until noon next day, then cruising information. We spent the next morning trying to find the status of our luggage, they didn't have any idea where it was - they confirmed out cruising information again on the phone. We left the hotel at 1:30 p.m. - never received our luggage until after we got off the ship (7 days later) - they left it at the hotel around 5 p.m. that day and refused to pick it up and transport to port as it had been left "unattended". Of course then they claimed we never told them we were on a cruise ship. I can't help but wonder if those tags were on the bags themselves if they would have gotten them to the port the day we left. Next cruise I'm putting them on before I fly!!

Archived