Long Review of Liberty of the Seas (2/14 - 2/21) – Just out of Dry Dock

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review! It's been 10 years since my husband and I have sailed RCCL... a little disappointed about your dining experience.. hoping it improves! We have been on Disney cruiseline since having kids- this will be the kids first RCCL experience at ages 6 and 8. How is the kids program for that age? Hoping they will love it- and even more than Disney. :)

We are going on May 8th. Thanks for your review. Would you know if there are cabin pics anyplace for 6400? Is there anything worth seeing in Galveston? Any big drawbacks to this ship besides the food? Thank you!

Edited by palmsandpines

How does the Liberty look after the overhaul this winter? We cruised in December and the crew was telling us that almost everything was going to be different.

Glad to hear that the waterslides are a hit. Have to admit that I'm looking forward to giving them a try!

Thanks for the great review!

Yep, really that expensive. Terrible. Now that my 13 year old is in junior high, I don't think we'll ever be taking a cruise from Fort Lauderdale or Miami because of the airfare. It would have been cheaper to fly to Europe! From the NY area, I know people who will drive to Baltimore and fly from there. Boston and Hartford can also be much cheaper alternatives at that time.

Good luck!

https://www.allegiantair.com/aares#!&tab=flights&m=6hfr00Xufo3ENFEoRP5Gdw8DfPOg1egQ1_YojerMFOY

We Flew in to Sanford on Alliegnent for or last FLL Departure. For us out of Mcallen, TX, it was the only direct flight, so it worked out being quicker than flying in to FLL. We flew in the night before the cruise and broke up the drive with an overnight in Vero Beach.

Small airports have a lot of advantages, including much cheaper parking.

The link above is in to Tampa, but there are also options in to Daytona.