Getaway Review and what I would have like to know before I cruised

drneal

When you look at the CC it appears that EVERYBODY is out for the Vibe passes. This is not so. Only a small percent of the guests actually read CC, it seems like a lot but it really isn't.

Also not all of those that board early are interested in the vibe passes. Having said, that I couldn't really start my vacation until I knew one way or the other that I had the vibe pass.

I feel like this is true about the Getaway/Breakaway, but not the Escape. Anytime I hear reviews about getting Vibe passes on the Escape, it sounds like that is what everyone's after and it's a total madhouse! I wonder why that is? I plan on getting to port at at least 8 am on my upcoming Escape cruise to secure two passes. Not exactly how I wanted to start my vacation but hey, it sounds worth it! Did Vibe seem particularly windy to you on most days? I found it odd that they put it forward where it gets the most wind. :confused:

Can you tell me more about Maya Chan? Did you snorkel? Thanks!

crusier81, we visiting Maya Chan during our cruise also (which happened to be the same as DrNeal :) )

Maya Chan was great! They have limited capacity, I think it is about 75 people. Each group or family receives their own private Papala. The food was great and the service was even better. It was a bit windy the day we were there, but people were still in the water:). My daughter and I Kayaked and my husband went out with the snorkel gear. You have to go out pretty far to get to a sandbar, he didn't end up seeing anything but was still glad he tried.

We definitely wouldn't hesitate going back to Maya Chan if we are in Costa Maya. It was a great, relaxing day! Their website has a lot of great information, and their cancellation policy is quite generous also.

Thank you for a great review. We did the Vibe thing on the Epic. It was so worth it. The most crowded it got was 30 people if that. It was just nice to have a quiet space. But we also love the action. So you can come and go to different spots each day.

• 10 months later...

It has been 1 year since I was on the Getaway and I enjoyed looking back on my review.

We recently sailed on the ESCAPE and where I found the ESCAPE felt significantly larger I liked the addition of the District Brewhouse and the larger tube slide.

The cabin balconies were slightly larger on the ESCAPE.

For a photo review of the ESCAPE, which in many ways is similar to the Getaway, check out my current review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2463045&highlight=escape

It has been 1 year since I was on the Getaway and I enjoyed looking back on my review.

We recently sailed on the ESCAPE and where I found the ESCAPE felt significantly larger I liked the addition of the District Brewhouse and the larger tube slide.

The cabin balconies were slightly larger on the ESCAPE.

For a photo review of the ESCAPE, which in many ways is similar to the Getaway, check out my current review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2463045&highlight=escape

I enjoyed this review last spring before my May Getaway and I have read your Escape review for my upcoming May Escape. Thank you for comparing the two ships....I did not think there was too much difference in them and you just confirmed that.