On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

I have so many questions for you! First off I hope your baby is feeling better! Sick baby on a cruise cannot be fun. Then dealing with rude people about sick baby would bring out the momma bear in me too! We are going on the Anthem in October. This will be our first cruise as a family of 3. Our little will be 20 months. I know your cruise was cut short but did you sign up for any excursions with your little? How do you know what excursions your little can do? Could you take your little on the north star? How was the kiddie pool? What did your little love to do on this ship? Did you take your little to any of the shows? Did you do the dining with characters? What did the restaurants offer your little to eat? What was your favorite restaurant? And what was your fav meal at which restaurant? Thank you!

Hey! I was onboard the same ship/sailing with my 14 month old and thought I'd chime in!

We didn't personally sign up for any excursions with our LO, but we did rent a car on one of the islands and brought him along. You can rent car seats, but my LO is small enough he still fits in his infant carrier, so we brought that along with the stroller it clips into onboard. I believe if you want to bring your LO on excursions, they have to be in the family section, even then you'll want to check restrictions. You cannot take your LO on the North Star, bumper cars or the puzzle room (which I highly recommend)! Adventure Ocean has a nursery for littles that you can book time for, however the first maybe 7 days of our cruise the nursery was receiving a "flooring upgrade" so they did not offer the nursery service. We were disappointed because we had some times we needed care. For children under 3yrs, it is $6/hr for anything before 6pm and $8/hr from 6pm-12a. So worth it! The staff was great with my son and always rounded down (we were gone 1hr 20 mins once and were only charged an hour). The baby splash pool is small and simple, very very shallow (maybe 2-3 inches at most?). My little guy loved it, though! We didn't see many other babies in it much, though we were told onboard the sailing we were on had around 150 kids under 18 total, whereas the sailing before us had over 1400! My son loved riding in his stroller around the ship, people watching. We brought a small kiddie pool to use in the bottom of the shower, as well as on the balcony deck. He loved that! The waiters were very accommodating for my son at the various restaurants. They'd bring his food out almost immediately, barely any wait time. A 90 minute to 2hr dinner is very long for a baby/young toddler, though, so be prepared to have to leave early, go to a quicker venue (like the Windjammer), or book the nursery! We booked the nursery for the last 3 nights and did not regret it. They will even feed your child in the nursery, with whatever you provide or they can order foods to feed your child. My guy co sleeps with us and will not sleep in a crib...the childcare workers were so accommodating that they'd either rock my son or push him around in a stroller (they provided - they have really nice strollers in the nursery) to help him sleep. Hope this helps some!

Splash pool

Thanks so much for this!

Our little one will be 3 about a month before we cruise. She's starting to potty train now, but I'm not feeling confident that she'll get it down to a science by the time we sail in July.

I think she'll be mostly potty trained, but may not totally get it all.

Will she be allowed in Adventure Ocean? How about the swimming pool with a swimming diaper?

She's too big for the splash pool, I think.

I'm trying to get a feel for activities that she'll be able to do.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In our experience if they aren't potty trained they have been allowed to go in the nursery instead ( $6-$8 per hour depending on time of day). My kids don't potty train early so I totally understand that. We got off today with my 26 month old. I saw kids in the indoor wading pool with swim diapers as we walked by but I am pretty sure it's not allowed do we didn't bother to ask. This was scold cruise to nowhere so we didn't do "warm" things.

The family play area next to the nursery was AWESOME :) we spent a lot of time there. My guy wouldn't stay in the nursery.

image.jpg.baf561479dd7d79f6e471a4275b73b97.jpg

Anthem went Western on Nov 30. I was on Jan 25/26 cruise and was supposed to go western but b/c we lost a day due to snowstorm they changed entire itinery. I am currently booked on October 29 Western. Do you no something I do not - has things changed?

Anthem went Western on Nov 30. I was on Jan 25/26 cruise and was supposed to go western but b/c we lost a day due to snowstorm they changed entire itinery. I am currently booked on October 29 Western. Do you no something I do not - has things changed?

You are correct.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Oops, :o I didn't go all the way into October. You are correct it is doing 1 Western Caribbean itinerary on October 29th.

Edited by cruisenfever