Info for Hal's Flights

Hflors

Paying for them right away does NOT ensure you are actually ticketed! We paid right when we made our reservation through Flight Ease. When I went to AA website, it showed our reservation and even the seats I selected. However, WE WERE NOT TICKETED! We would not be ticketed, according to HAL themselves, until final payment for the cruise was due (we paid for air and cruise balance at the time we made the air reservation in December, but it wasn't actually due to be paid until August). So just because you pay HAL does not mean that they are paying the airline. They withhold payment to the airline until final payment is due. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, the reason for that is because a customer can cancel their cruise without penalty any time up until final payment. But if HAL pays the air before that and the customer cancels the cruise, HAL is on the hook to the airline.

Well, say what you will - my tickets do not say pending, they say confirmed. I have non-refundable ticket - were yours refundable?

Chefestelle - how did you 'upgrade" to "comfort seats" and what is the difference between them and regular seating?

In answer to your second part, the world! It's a world of difference between economy and "improved" economy (by whatever name).

I don't recall any more width, but there is more legroom. Not a lot, but enough that you can really stretch out a bit. You can move around in your seat, and get out without as much difficulty. I was able to fly from LAX to Sydney, Australia in one of those seats and arrive feeling pretty well. I don't recall that I was able to sleep on the plane, but I got a good rest overnight, and didn't take a lot of time to recover from the flight once I arrived.

For a long, or overnight, flight---definitely worth the increase in price.

Well, say what you will - my tickets do not say pending, they say confirmed. I have non-refundable ticket - were yours refundable?

Ours were refundable, although HAL insisted on payment in full of air and cruise before final payment due date if we wanted to ensure the air price. Otherwise, they don't guarantee the fare.

Thankfully they refunded our $2,400 in full and it was still less for me to buy the extra miles I needed for First Class and book directly with the airline.