Summit - 2/13/16 - Mini Review

masonpips

Thanks for your review. You answered the two questions I was going to ask - 1. Can one of us have the Classic drink package and the other have the Premier.... and 2. Can we wait until we are sailing to make the decision to upgrade to Premier drinking package. Yes to both!

Thanks so much for your review! Not sure I would call it 'mini' though :)

Now I am definitely considering upgrading to a Sky Suite on our Summit cruise in 2017 as it will be our 20th anniversary - not sure what my husband will say though! :eek:

So glad I found your posts, we are doing the same cruise in April 2016 (should be right after they update ship)....Wanted to know if you spoke to anyone who took the Scenic Rail & Sail in St Kitts? Trying to decide on some excursions.

We love St Thomas/St Johns.

The food looked amazing, thank you so much for sharing.

deb r

Wanted to know if you spoke to anyone who took the Scenic Rail & Sail in St Kitts?

Nope, sorry. I don't recall anyone talking about anything they did in St. Kitts, come to think of it. We had our small group that did the sailboat and didn't really hear from anyone else!

So glad I found your posts, we are doing the same cruise in April 2016 (should be right after they update ship)....Wanted to know if you spoke to anyone who took the Scenic Rail & Sail in St Kitts? Trying to decide on some excursions.

deb r

Someone, in their review here, posted pictures and talked about that railroad trip. I think I saw it within the last few weeks. You might find it with a search. It had a ton of detail about it.

deb r

Someone, in their review here, posted pictures and talked about that railroad trip. I think I saw it within the last few weeks. You might find it with a search. It had a ton of detail about it.

Yup, it's in Norris' review of his Silhouette cruise (Bimmer09). You'll find that thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306122

Nice review!

Quick question: I know you went recently but were there many kids on the ship? A friend of mine and I are looking into this cruise for October and trying to get away from kids if possible (I work at a preschool). :) I would think most people would be in school but you never know.

Also what about the Cliental: Many Americans, Europeans, etc.

Thanks,

Nice review!

Quick question: I know you went recently but were there many kids on the ship? A friend of mine and I are looking into this cruise for October and trying to get away from kids if possible (I work at a preschool). :) I would think most people would be in school but you never know.

Also what about the Cliental: Many Americans, Europeans, etc.

Hardly any kids at all! I think they said less than 70 on board (17 and under?) and we rarely saw them at all! It was exactly what we were looking for as well. Just watch the week in Oct/Nov where NJ schools are all out (it may be election week). Here our kids get fall break (mid October) but it's usually only 2 days so I think most people won't pull them out for a week

We had almost all US and Canadian folks. Maybe a few Europeans but not many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly any kids at all! I think they said less than 70 on board (17 and under?) and we rarely saw them at all! It was exactly what we were looking for as well. Just watch the week in Oct/Nov where NJ schools are all out (it may be election week). Here our kids get fall break (mid October) but it's usually only 2 days so I think most people won't pull them out for a week

We had almost all US and Canadian folks. Maybe a few Europeans but not many

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a vacation week for many Northeast schools-- I wouldn't expect celebrity to be bad. I've done both breakaway and Anthem this week and there were over 1000 kids!

This was a vacation week for many Northeast schools-- I wouldn't expect celebrity to be bad. I've done both breakaway and Anthem this week and there were over 1000 kids!

A friend of mine did the Getaway right before Halloween last year and said there were so many kids on the ship. She said she never had problems before but there seemed to be a lot this time. I guess here in SC we don't get a fall break so I wouldn't think of that. We do have election day off this year but nothing else until Thanksgiving. I may look up some schedules for the Northern states and see when they have breaks. I just wonder if a lot of families attract to Celebrity but I know they have a kids program.

I have been on the Getaway during spring break but didn't see a lot of kids which was strange. They were around but always in the kid clubs so they didn't bother me.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by ShannonSC2