Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

So the ship had issues yesterday and is not in Miami yet. Was told by carnival rep "hopefully 3" as for when they expect ship here. Ports have changed from key west and cozumel to freeport and nassau. Getting $50 credit per person.

Plus 25% off a future cruise.

So the ship had issues yesterday and is not in Miami yet. Was told by carnival rep "hopefully 3" as for when they expect ship here. Ports have changed from key west and cozumel to freeport and nassau. Getting $50 credit per person.

Wow. Nassau and Freeport are terrible. Are they allowing people to cancel without penalty? If they did, and my dates were flexible I would cancel and reschedule for another time. I see the Fantasy is leaving Ft. Lauderdale now so it should arrive within the next hour or so. She had a tug so there must be something wrong.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Hopefully all goes smoothly once you are able to get on board!

I also had a bad experience with a ship right before it went into drydock as they shut several areas down a few days before the end of the cruise, and another right after drydock (Things in guest areas weren't ready) - so I'm staying clear on both sides of it now!

Where did you see/hear that? We are on this sailing and weren't told that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The voucher for 25% off a future cruise has been promised by Shane, who is answering questions on Carnivals Facebook page.

Ship is now on the Port of Miami webcam, way out in the distance still... speed has slowed to 7.5 knots. Wonder if they are waiting for other ships to leave port to bring it in? I see Majesty of the Seas is leaving now.

Have they given you an expected sail time yet?

What have they given you for a reason? mechanical?

Have they let you at least get all checked in so all they have to do is board in an "orderly" fashion?

Update: Nevermind... they moved the webcam to zoom in on Majesty so Fantasy is no longer on webcam.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Calling it a technical issue. Hope to board at 7pm. Sail at 9:30pm. Now providing shuttles to Bayside but not providing comp for meals (normally provided on ship) or holding unchecked luggage. We are checked in, but the crowd is getting impatient.