Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

Someone mentioned Carnival would not refund taxes and port charges when invoking the vacation guarantee, That s not true: "In addition to the 110% cruise fare refund, we will also refund the actual amount paid for government fees and taxes, VPP (Vacation Protection Plan), prepaid gratuities, unused pre-purchased services (Bon Voyage, Spa, etc) and unused shore excursions."

What would be a challenge is the US requirement of a passport for guests FLYING back into the country: "Applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda." So no passport no refund.

Thank you for sharing that. I was wrong in my statement that it was only based on cruise fare.

I'm sorry you found that rude, but I would enjoy seeing a juggler and would never see Kathy Griffin.

And that is your choice, but given that this was a Carnival Live! cruise, FEATURING Kathy Griffin, many people were on the ship because they wished to see her.

This is just one of the reasons I love Cruise Critic. We are scheduled on Fantasy September 5 and I went on resort for a day to look at the Cozumel resort offers only to find out the itinerary was changed to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. I immediately called my travel agents who didn't know there has been a change but explained Carnival does have the right to change the itinerary. My concern is that I will now start planning for this itinerary and they will fix the problem and go back to the original itinerary. I guess I will have to stay on this site to know what is going on. Thanks for all the information.

I was on the Fantasy & this stuff happened to me. I have sailed with other cruise lines before, and will sail with other cruise lines again, however, NEVER EVER AGAIN with Carnival, NEVER! They were awful with customer service, before the cruise from the moment we found out there was a change, rude at check in and rude on board, likely from all of the unhappy people. it got to the point, their own staff was "hoping Carnival would do more" INCLUDING staff whom I spoke with by phone the minute we landed back in Miami at the port.

Dear Nessa, cancel now if you cruise is not until September and avoid disappointment and heart ache! Pick a better cruise lines who will treat you right!

I honestly do not believe they were ever even considering keeping Key West on the itinerary when they sent out that first email that showed two potential itineraries. However, they did not want to put that info out there early enough for people who had NOT already traveled to Florida to reconsider and stay home. They knew exactly what they were doing.

They kept Freeport and ditched Key West because the mechanic for Carnival who had also recently worked on the ship, is located in (drum roll here please....tada....) FREEPORT! We paid for their trip back to their mechanic.....you are right!

They opted not to tell us earlier because they did not want people to cancel. Full boat = more money!!!!

After reading all the posts, I think I get it. Carnival was in dry dock, but had shoddy work done. So, they need to go back to have it fixed. So instead of going back to dry dock to get fixed (will loose revenue), they instead keep all the passengers booked on the ship, and sail her to the dry dock, instead of providing the vacation that was picked out and paid for.

The right thing to do, is give everyone a free cruise (not the taxes etc, just the cruise) and get new contractors the next time.

Wonderful reply!!! I could not agree with you more!

I was on the Fantasy & this stuff happened to me. I have sailed with other cruise lines before, and will sail with other cruise lines again, however, NEVER EVER AGAIN with Carnival, NEVER! They were awful with customer service, before the cruise from the moment we found out there was a change, rude at check in and rude on board, likely from all of the unhappy people. it got to the point, their own staff was "hoping Carnival would do more" INCLUDING staff whom I spoke with by phone the minute we landed back in Miami at the port.

Dear Nessa, cancel now if you cruise is not until September and avoid disappointment and heart ache! Pick a better cruise lines who will treat you right!

Yep, Carnival staff who answered the customer care calls agreed that Carnival dropped the ball. They just didn't have the authority to do anything more. CCL put them in a lousy position, being the gatekeepers who had to listen to the complaints and repeat that they were sorry, but. :mad: The people who answered letters of complaint via email were exceedingly rude, as well. It's too bad that Carnival handled this so badly. it shows that they really just do not care, as they know people will continue to cruise, and that people who change lines won't impact passenger numbers because there are always new cruisers coming.