Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

The voucher for 25% off a future cruise has been promised by Shane, who is answering questions on Carnivals Facebook page.

Thanks. We just called the Diamond desk and they verified that but it's only good for a 2 to 5 day cruise and we rarely do any that short. It's extremely unusual for us to even be doing this one but we added it on to another cruise on a different cruise line just so we didn't have to go home so soon.

They just made an announcement that we won't be boarding till between 7:30 and 9:30 pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So a 5 day is normally what, $250? So they are giving $50 now and $65 or so next time? I dont need 100% refund but that sounds pretty cheap offer. Going to be a lot if people taking advantage of the 110% guarantee tomorrow. They will not honor it until you get on the ship.

Passengers were told the new departure time is 9:30 PM. Offering a shuttle to Bayside Shopping. Expect to board 7:30. Offered no compensation for meals & nothing provided at terminal. Carnival is not handling this well. They had to have known well in advance of delays. Wouldn't have had to wait at the terminal.

Edited by Pompanodeb

PTZtv is talking with someone on the Carnival Fantasy and he said the ship would be arriving in FLL at 8:00 PM. If it is taking that long to get there, I might have hesitations about boarding! Got my info from...PTZtv Carnival Fantasy. Good luck everyone!

About to dock now. I'm confused. it just came out of dry dock, where did it have its dry dock? it was in Port everglades this morning? its usual port is Miami. its ports changed from Cozumel and Key West to Free port and Nassau?

Those are some major port changes. Key west and Cozumel would be a 5 day cruise. Free port and Nassau sounds like a 3 day cruise. i'd be pissed to get only $50 OBC and definitely would invoke my vacation guarantee

There are certainly lights on the ship, just do not expect to see all the windows "ablaze" with light at this angle, especially since she is empty. People were saying the same thing about Anthem when she returned from her big storm cruise, and she certainly had lights.

It's just an illusion. :cool:

Edited by loubetti

About to dock now. I'm confused. it just came out of dry dock, where did it have its dry dock? it was in Port everglades this morning? its usual port is Miami. its ports changed from Cozumel and Key West to Free port and Nassau?

Those are some major port changes. Key west and Cozumel would be a 5 day cruise. Free port and Nassau sounds like a 3 day cruise. i'd be pissed to get only $50 OBC and definitely would invoke my vacation guarantee

The ship was in dry-dock in Freeport from 2/06/16 - 2/19/16. After its dry-dock it sailed from Freeport to Pt. Everglades to do a 2 day cruise to Freeport (was originally supposed to be Nassau). That cruise returned to Pt. Everglades today. The ship then relocated to Miami this afternoon for a 4 day cruise to Freeport and Nassau. The 4 day cruise was supposed to go to Key West and Cozumel but there is a technical problem reducing the cruising speed. This was the statement from Carnival on their Facebook page. The Carnival Fantasy repositioned from Port Everglades to PortMiami today. However due to a delay in clearance by the authorities, her arrival into Miami has been delayed until approximately 7:00 PM. Boarding will commence as soon as the ship is cleared. And embarkation will take place from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM.

• Dinner this evening will be open seating and Windows on the Sea Bar and Grill located on Lido will be open later than normal for guests’ dining pleasure.

• We will complete guests’ check in and invite them to board one of our complimentary shuttle buses to Bayside Market Place. The shuttles will start heading back to the terminal at 7:00 PM and the last shuttle will be at 8:30PM.

• Since check-in has been rescheduled, we will depart shortly after embarkation is completed. We do not anticipate any impact to our revised itinerary.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We were on the 2 day that got bock this morning.When I woke up at 6 am we were already docked and we got off the ship at 7:30.I'm sure they were working on the problem all day,but I know the fastest speed I saw on the map channel was 8.7 knots.I hope they get the bugs worked out for your cruise but this was my last cruise with Carnival.I will go into details on that at a later time

Cruiserfanatic, Sounds like you are defending Carnival. Stuff happens, but this was very poorly handled from customer service perspective. Passengers have not been compensated for the downgraded itinerary or their additional expenses.

Edited by Pompanodeb