Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

I swear I am not trying to stir the waters here, I am a Carnival cruiser myself. Do you all remember years ago when Carnival was struggling and they came out with the fuel conservation program? Have some of you noticed how port times have been shortened to allow for slower cruising speeds to conserve fuel?

I live right by Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale and was very interested in taking the 2-night Fantasy cruise post dry-dock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that cruise had been out all that long, Carnival must have found a 2-day slot and filled it with a money-making itinerary (that cruise was not overly cheap for 2-nights). Add some fuel conservation on top of that (Freeport instead of Nassau) and Carnival is seeing green. Obviously, this is all speculation, but think about the cruising distance on a Key West / Cozumel itinerary compared to a Freeport / Nassau itinerary.

I am not dogging Carnival and please do not follow this up with a bunch of arguments. I'm not here upset, I'm here just spilling my 2 cents. Thanks.

Edited by Vinnyv20032003

Back safe and sound. Cruise was as good as could be given the change in islands and the delay leaving Nassau. I am no expert but the ship speed was about 16 or 17 knots on the screen yesterday. Perhaps it actually was fixed in Freeport. Ships crew was great as you would expect from Carnival. Had a thank you reception yesterday with free drinks for an hour or so. Nice jesture.

Back safe and sound. Cruise was as good as could be given the change in islands and the delay leaving Nassau. I am no expert but the ship speed was about 16 or 17 knots on the screen yesterday. Perhaps it actually was fixed in Freeport. Ships crew was great as you would expect from Carnival. Had a thank you reception yesterday with free drinks for an hour or so. Nice jesture.

So glad you had a great time. Awesome attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you see/hear that? We are on this sailing and weren't told that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was on the letter they handed out at the terminal. They didn't expressly mention it and I would bet fully half the people there threw that letter away, just as they were expecting.

Carnival was shady as h*ll with the way they handled this whole fiasco, and I am not at all satisfied with the "compensation".

what happens if you arnt on Facebook?

How would people know?

Why back to Freeport they could still do Key west :confused:

I honestly do not believe they were ever even considering keeping Key West on the itinerary when they sent out that first email that showed two potential itineraries. However, they did not want to put that info out there early enough for people who had NOT already traveled to Florida to reconsider and stay home. They knew exactly what they were doing.

So what about someone like me

ID Be complaining if this happened to me.

This one CCL messed up

Really Freeport over Keywest:eek:

The $50 is the difference in the port fees:cool:

The only reason they are going to Freeport is the Mechanic forgot to put the muffler bearings back in

They completely glossed over the fact that it was a Carnival Live! sailing, as well. Many people were on board solely because of the Kathy Griffin show scheduled in Cozumel. I purchased a VIP ticket with meet and greet, and yes, it was refunded in full, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they sold tickets to an event then didn't provide it. The VERY least they could have done is acknowledged that many of us were missing a show that we were really looking forward to and offered some compensation that was not insulting.

They "flew in" a juggler to replace that entertainment. A juggler. I wonder if KG knows that's what Carnival felt was an equal replacement for her show.

It was on the letter they handed out at the terminal. They didn't expressly mention it and I would bet fully half the people there threw that letter away, just as they were expecting.

Carnival was shady as h*ll with the way they handled this whole fiasco, and I am not at all satisfied with the "compensation".

Doesn't matter if you're satisfied with the compensation or not. Carnival did not have to give anything as per the contract so they did more than they had to.

I was just reading up on the 110% guarantee. Carnival says if your unsatisfied for any reason, they will refund you the 110%, and get you off the ship ASAP, while covering transportation back to your home airport (if you flew) or to point of embarkation (if you drove).

Now, personally, I couldn't imagine using that in a situation like this, but, if some people do, do you think Carnival would allow that? Do they really have a choice, wording the guarantee as they do? I'm just curious to see the outcome, if some passengers try to use this with the changes that have been made to their cruise.

I was just reading up on the 110% guarantee. Carnival says if your unsatisfied for any reason, they will refund you the 110%, and get you off the ship ASAP, while covering transportation back to your home airport (if you flew) or to point of embarkation (if you drove).

Now, personally, I couldn't imagine using that in a situation like this, but, if some people do, do you think Carnival would allow that? Do they really have a choice, wording the guarantee as they do? I'm just curious to see the outcome, if some passengers try to use this with the changes that have been made to their cruise.

Within 24 hours. You can't wait till the last day of the cruise to complain and invoke the guarantee. ;)

I think Carnival believes most people will stick out a cruise, one, because they won't get mad enough in the first 24 hours to actually request to leave, and two, they spent so much money getting to and from the embarkation point.

Edited by TaDaaa!

A juggler > Kathy Griffin

I actually agree with this.

I am upset at Carnival for the ports and for missing a day of the cruise. I paid $309 per person for the cruise only. This is $77.25 per day. $50 does not cover the lost day, let alone the less desirable and less handicap accessible ports.

I actually agree with this.

I am upset at Carnival for the ports and for missing a day of the cruise. I paid $309 per person for the cruise only. This is $77.25 per day. $50 does not cover the lost day, let alone the less desirable and less handicap accessible ports.

So if you were on the cruise, why didn't you invoke the guarantee?

So if you were on the cruise, why didn't you invoke the guarantee?

You can't invoke it until you set sail, then it has to be invoked within 24 hours, or before you reach your first port. Ship left about 11 and woke up in Freeport. Don't get me wrong, Carnival has been good most of the time. This was certainly not one of them.

You can't invoke it until you set sail, then it has to be invoked within 24 hours, or before you reach your first port. Ship left about 11 and woke up in Freeport. Don't get me wrong, Carnival has been good most of the time. This was certainly not one of them.

Did you not know you were going to Freeport when she finally set sail?

Yep. And thought I had 24 hours if it didn't work. Was not told of the guarantee restructions until we were in port.

Didn't know that either. Always thought you had 24 hours (not that I ever, for any reason, plan to use it but still good to know......just in case). Thanks for the heads up.

I am surprised that no one decided to walk over to Guest Services the minute they dropped the ropes at Miami.

Edited by TaDaaa!

Didn't know that either. Always thought you had 24 hours (not that I ever, for any reason, plan to use it but still good to know......just in case). Thanks for the heads up.

I am surprised that no one decided to walk over to Guest Services the minute they dropped the ropes at Miami.

I was too, but it was total chaos and after a long travel day and no food for many of us, most were just happy to have food and a bed.

I still have a May cruise planned on the Splendor so it is not like I will never go with them again. That being said, if another line is close in price I will be more likely to try them than I was before.