Alaska Southbound Private Tours

Fiveone5

Alaska Southbound June 2017 - I've been booking our port excursions from the Caribbean to Panama instead of using the cruise line. CC has been a great source of information! Is there anything I should take into consideration for Alaska? I see the add on packages from Celebrity and they look nice but prefer smaller groups. Suggestions and advice welcome! Thank you for your time. Also first time on Celebrity - used Royal the last 6 and NCL for 2.

And on the roll call for your cruise. That is where private tours are organized. Our upcoming tour has over 15 private tours organized. At least one in every port. Posting there can get you answers as your ship has two June southbound cruises if you are on the Millennium.

Alaska also has a wonderful web site and print version extolling the many virtues of the state. There are ads for excursions there too. Also check out Trip Advisor and Tours by Locals. Your number one tool is your Roll Call.

Enjoy Alaska.

Alaska Southbound June 2017 - I've been booking our port excursions from the Caribbean to Panama instead of using the cruise line. CC has been a great source of information! Is there anything I should take into consideration for Alaska? I see the add on packages from Celebrity and they look nice but prefer smaller groups. Suggestions and advice welcome! Thank you for your time. Also first time on Celebrity - used Royal the last 6 and NCL for 2.

I'm assuming you mean mainland touring, since you state "add on package"? Be VERY careful and do your homework. KNOW what you are looking at and all the details, so you can make an informed choice. This is an area- just loaded with people making way too many wrong assumptions. Bottom line- go for as long as you can afford. :) Do not underestimate time and distances.

There are independent options- IF of interest, then consider them. Superior for better use of time, and having inclusions of YOUR choosing. :)

As for port touring- start with reading over your shore excursion list- and narrowing down your interests. Get to a small selection of tours- then check out available vendors direct.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not been on since I posted question.

1. I am looking for ideas for 7 days before we leave Seaward on the cruise (already booked with Celebrity).

2. I was looking into doing a land based tour on our own but the driving would be a drain. It would be nice to sit back and both of us watch.

3. I found a tour/cruise with what I am looking for but you can't book just land. It started in Anchorage taking in several towns ending in Valdez with a boat tour of Dutch Harbor to Whittier, bus back to Anchorage.

4. My husband sailed oil tankers for years from CA to Valdez. I would be able to see the area from the same perspective when he sailed into the port.

5. I know I have a lot of research to do but it seemed easier planning Panama Canal cruise...Alaska is big and spread out that's for sure!

Once again I thank you all for your time!