2 Weeks to Anthem!

$14.95 for an App? Not if my life depended on it. That's ridiculous.

The app is free. There is only a charge if you want to be able to use your phone to text or call others on the ship. For $14.95 for 10 days it came in very handy to be able to meet up with others. I could just send a text and ask where they were.

Ship is in good shape. However Noro is aboard. Bring gel. I recommend bringing your own antibacterial soap and Lysol or wipes to give the room a swipe.

Gel doesn't work on Noro. Anthem has sinks on your way into the WJ. In January they had it roped off so you had to go into the sink area to wash your hands.

The app is free. There is only a charge if you want to be able to use your phone to text or call others on the ship. For $14.95 for 10 days it came in very handy to be able to meet up with others. I could just send a text and ask where they were.

Okay, that's not something we would use. Plus in the past I turn my cell phone off once we leave NJ.

Okay, that's not something we would use. Plus in the past I turn my cell phone off once we leave NJ.

I solved this problem neatly by dropping my smartphone into the dishwater a week or two ago. All efforts at resuscitation failed. :(

Has anyone enjoyed The Gift? I'm willing to give anything a try, but the only rez we could grab is on St. Patrick's day, and forces us into a late dinner at a specialty restaurant. My husband Patrick takes Mar. 17th very seriously and he'll try figure out where, if anywhere, he can get the dinner he considers his birthright: corned beef and cabbage. He also doesn't like eating later than 5 or 6 pm. I don't want to totally mess up his special day with an incomprehensible show and a disappointing dinner, so I'm thinking of cancelling our reservations.

I solved this problem neatly by dropping my smartphone into the dishwater a week or two ago. All efforts at resuscitation failed. :(

Has anyone enjoyed The Gift? I'm willing to give anything a try, but the only rez we could grab is on St. Patrick's day, and forces us into a late dinner at a specialty restaurant. My husband Patrick takes Mar. 17th very seriously and he'll try figure out where, if anywhere, he can get the dinner he considers his birthright: corned beef and cabbage. He also doesn't like eating later than 5 or 6 pm. I don't want to totally mess up his special day with an incomprehensible show and a disappointing dinner, so I'm thinking of cancelling our reservations.

When you get on the ship, there should be somewhere where they are helping people book or change show and restaurant times walking around deck 4 and 5. I hoping they will be doing something for St Pat's, but from what I've been reading, it doesn't look too promising. Maybe some Irish songs in Schooner Lounge of Michaels Pub.

When you get on the ship, there should be somewhere where they are helping people book or change show and restaurant times walking around deck 4 and 5. I hoping they will be doing something for St Pat's, but from what I've been reading, it doesn't look too promising. Maybe some Irish songs in Schooner Lounge of Michaels Pub.

You can use the Royal IQ app onboard for that also either with your own device or any of the public iPads throughout the ship.

Here was my experience with the gift:

The show started at 7:00 and ended at 7:42. Didn't really understand what was going on until 7:36. I found it to be ok, definitely liked it more than spectra. I would actually see it again so that I could watch it while understanding it a bit more.

I'm glad that you came up to the .25 cents. LOL. Gladly pay that price for the quality of the service and food.

Absolutely. It was so different then. The menu selections were different each night and the food was top quality. The CD staff actually knew most of the passengers on board, although we never got to meet Doc or Gopher.

We can have our own extemporaneous St. Paddy's Day celebration. Hey, we can even organize our own parade. Hope that RCCL doesn't have a permit fee. :D

My spouse and I both enjoyed The Gift. It's visually beautiful, has lovely music, and has a nice message about love. Don't worry too much about "following" a story line. Just enjoy it. (Also, it's quite short, not like WWRY.)

I can't speak to your St. Patrick's Day dinner dilemma (though it sounds like dinner needs to win out). However, you could see The Gift by waiting in the standby line for a different performancy.

Anthem is fabulous. Enjoy your cruise!

$14.95 for an App? Not if my life depended on it. That's ridiculous.

The Royal iQ app is FREE, as are ALL of its functions, excepting texting others, and that function is an optional paid add on. You only pay if you want to be able to use the app to text others on board. But it's totally free for everything else. You can see the Compass, your account, your calendar, make reservations, etc. No charge.

The Royal iQ app is FREE, as are ALL of its functions, excepting texting others, and that function is an optional paid add on. You only pay if you want to be able to use the app to text others on board. But it's totally free for everything else. You can see the Compass, your account, your calendar, make reservations, etc. No charge.

Okay, thanks. That makes more sense.

Do the people that you want to text also have to have the app and pay the fee?

Susan

Ahhh. Didn't see this before I responded. It will be free for me as we already got an international package that includes texting on our phones for the duration of the cruise.

Ahhh. Didn't see this before I responded. It will be free for me as we already got an international package that includes texting on our phones for the duration of the cruise.

I signed up for an international package through Verizon Wireless.

For $40.00 for a month, I get 100 minutes of voice, 100 outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts, 100mb of data. I can cancel before the end of my billing cycle which is a little over a week after the cruise and get a pro-rated refund. I was told that the package will apply both on the ship and in port.

I have a transcript of the chat should any of the information prove to be incorrect.

For iOS devices, go to Apple's App Store. I'm not an Android user, but I assume there's something similar.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-iq/id916865548?mt=8

Yes, there is an Android version as well. It is called the Royal IQ

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.royalcaribbean.iq&hl=en

Very strange. We still haven't been confirmed for a Meet and Mingle. Royal always posts the time and place about 4 weeks before. Only 3 sailings on any ship have been posted for March. I hope they're not doing away with it.

Here's a partial list:

SORT BY SHIP SORT BY DATE DAY, TIME, LOCATION

(4 weeks prior to sail date)

Legend Of The Seas 26-Feb-2016

Serenade Of The Seas 26-Feb-2016 - 27-Feb-2016 10:00:00 AM, Safari Club

Adventure Of The Seas 27-Feb-2016 - 02-Mar-2016 05:00:00 PM, Jester's or Blue Moon Lounge

Oasis Of The Seas 27-Feb-2016 - 28-Feb-2016 10:00:00 AM, Jazz on 4

Vision Of The Seas 27-Feb-2016

Voyager Of The Seas 27-Feb-2016 - 28-Feb-2016 10:00:00 AM, High Notes

Allure Of The Seas 28-Feb-2016 - 01-Mar-2016 10:30:00 AM, Dazzles

Freedom Of The Seas 28-Feb-2016

Jewel Of The Seas 28-Feb-2016

Liberty Of The Seas 28-Feb-2016

Rhapsody Of The Seas 28-Feb-2016 - 29-Feb-2016 10:00:00 AM, Shall We Dance Lounge

Grandeur Of The Seas 02-Mar-2016 - 03-Mar-2016 10:00:00 AM, Viking Crown Lounge

Mariner Of The Seas 04-Mar-2016

Adventure Of The Seas 05-Mar-2016

Navigator Of The Seas 05-Mar-2016

Oasis Of The Seas 05-Mar-2016

Vision Of The Seas 05-Mar-2016

Voyager Of The Seas 05-Mar-2016 - 05-Mar-2016 12:10:00 AM, High Notes

Allure Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Explorer Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Freedom Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Jewel Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Legend Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Liberty Of The Seas 06-Mar-2016

Anthem Of The Seas 07-Mar-2016

Serenade Of The Seas 07-Mar-2016

Adventure Of The Seas 12-Mar-2016

Grandeur Of The Seas 12-Mar-2016

Radiance Of The Seas 12-Mar-2016

Vision Of The Seas 12-Mar-2016

Allure Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Freedom Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Jewel Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Legend Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Liberty Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Rhapsody Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016

Voyager Of The Seas 13-Mar-2016 - 14-Mar-2016 12:09:15 AM, Star Lounge

Oasis Of The Seas 17-Mar-2016

Serenade Of The Seas 18-Mar-2016

Adventure Of The Seas 19-Mar-2016

Anthem Of The Seas 19-Mar-2016

Navigator Of The Seas 19-Mar-2016

Vision Of The Seas 19-Mar-2016

Allure Of The Seas 20-Mar-2016

Freedom Of The Seas 20-Mar-2016

Edited by gaylemh

Very strange. We still haven't been confirmed for a Meet and Mingle. Royal always posts the time and place about 4 weeks before. Only 3 sailings on any ship have been posted for March. I hope they're not doing away with it ...

They would not do away with it ... but I could easily see them charging extra for it.

They would not do away with it ... but I could easily see them charging extra for it.

My thought exactly.

Never miss an opportunity to make a dollar.

We were on Explorer for Christmas 2008. They had egg nog with and without rum. The rum version was an extra charge even though they were walking around the promenade with trays of it.