Martini Bar

busyvj

Was on the Silhouette February 7-14 - my friend had classic package, I had premium. She is very attractive and her martinis were substantially bigger and stronger to my weak martinis. Ahem...hadn't felt that way since I was in my 20's with my best friend, "the sultry one", I was Betty to her Veronica. Was thinking next time maybe I didn't need the premium package, but pretty sure I wouldn't be served martinis with the classic package. I wasn't very impressed, considering I paid for my martini privileges. And the funny thing was the bar tender kept calling her name, and she didn't even hear him or pay attention.

Edited by busyvj

Let the lady vent!

Thank you. Point being, this wasn't a "club". We aren't young girls. I paid for premium, therefore shouldn't have to beg for a drink. The bar tender was making a fool of himself. My friend was with her husband and didn't notice.

This happened to some of the other ladies on our trip. One bar tender kept their sea pass and then argued with her that he hadn't. Later refused to get her a water.

Only attitudes we encountered were at the bars in the evenings.

We had a great waiter pool side.

I must chime in to say, I was on the same sailing and had no problems with our martinis at the martini bar. In fact I had to ask on several occasions to have mine watered down a bit as they were too strong. Even when we had table service as well.

Being a male, I do not think I got special treatment at all, in fact all the men in our group had very strong drinks, a few of them too strong for their own good... LOL

Sorry you had that experience, while mine differed.

btw - how did you like the pouring show they put on regularly? Spectacular, I thought even though my flash did not work...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I must chime in to say, I was on the same sailing and had no problems with our martinis at the martini bar. In fact I had to ask on several occasions to have mine watered down a bit as they were too strong. Even when we had table service as well.

Being a male, I do not think I got special treatment at all, in fact all the men in our group had very strong drinks, a few of them too strong for their own good... LOL

Sorry you had that experience, while mine differed.

btw - how did you like the pouring show they put on regularly? Spectacular, I thought even though my flash did not work...

bon voyage

lol - hubby had no problem - usually got my drinks for me. My beef was I paid premium, others paid classic. I didn't witness my friend's interaction over the kept "card" and water. She was very aggravated in the morning. Everything else was top notch on the cruise. However, if they are going to push upgrading, then make it worth it.

So trying not to read between the line here ;)

In the funny pages Betty never got miffed at any thing Veronica did:confused:

I was never miffed at my Veronica. However me her long black locks sometimes made it difficult to get anyone's attention. And with my friend, I know she's beautiful inside and out. Was miffed at the bar tender, he was silly and they should be trained to give the premium payers their premium drinks.

Ps. I landed the best looking husband, another reason why I send him to get the drinks. 😜

lol - hubby had no problem - usually got my drinks for me. My beef was I paid premium, others paid classic. I didn't witness my friend's interaction over the kept "card" and water. She was very aggravated in the morning. Everything else was top notch on the cruise. However, if they are going to push upgrading, then make it worth it.

I Am now so sorry that we did not meet, as I would have taken care of the situation for you... next time for sure! Alaska 2017 for us.

Thank you and see you aboard soon again?

bon voyage