Anyone know if something unusual going on in Barcelonia in October?

evgal/nj

We have cruised out of Barcelonia four times over the last 10 years, have never encountered so many sold out hotels?

I googled Barcelonia in October , couldn't find anything unusual.

Our ship leaves oct. 22, doesn't seem to be unusual number of ships in port.

Anyone know what's happening that week?

Karen

Barcelona is always one of the top business, tourist and conference destinations in the world. There are many events happening around those dates and September and October are usually among the top conference times.

More and more hotels are now putting length of stay limits on their rooms all around the world and this can lead to difficulty when trying to find a hotel for one or two nights far in advance.

Barcelona is always one of the top business, tourist and conference destinations in the world. There are many events happening around those dates and September and October are usually among the top conference times.

More and more hotels are now putting length of stay limits on their rooms all around the world and this can lead to difficulty when trying to find a hotel for one or two nights far in advance.

That might explain why I'm paying the same price for a regular room for two nights in October as I'm paying for three nights in a balcony room in April.

I booked the balcony last May, eleven months ahead, and the regular room last month, nine months ahead. Was surprised by price increase for October.

That might explain why I'm paying the same price for a regular room for two nights in October as I'm paying for three nights in a balcony room in April.

I booked the balcony last May, eleven months ahead, and the regular room last month, nine months ahead. Was surprised by price increase for October.

Actually I misspoke. I don't know what I was mis-remembering. Our regular room in October is a little cheaper per night than our April balcony. Not as much price difference as I'd expect but still not out of line.