Inside Stateroom question

cubbiesgal21

We just booked a last minute Spring break trip on the Carnival Glory in an interior stateroom since it will be a bonus vacation this year=) We are a family of 4-2 adults, 2 kids. We have not cruised in an inside before, so I was wondering if we are better leaving the bottom beds as twins to maximize floor space? We will have two pull downs from the ceiling for the kids. Looking at pictures, it looks like you it might be tight having the beds pushed together. What have you all found to work well for your family of 4 to maximize space? Any other tips/tricks?

If you can, have the steward put the two twins in an L-shape against the side and back wall - leaves a lot of floor space - we have 5 in an interior next week and will put them in this configuration with the roll away bed against the third wall for the 2 year old.

I agree....leaving them as twins pushed against the walls give you WAY more space. BTW...I'm trying to understand where "inside cabin" comes into this topic. The standard inside cabins are the same size as the standard outside cabin.

Not even close. Insides are much smaller. Can't even fit a sofa in it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I agree....leaving them as twins pushed against the walls give you WAY more space. BTW...I'm trying to understand where "inside cabin" comes into this topic. The standard inside cabins are the same size as the standard outside cabin.

Depends on the ship.

We have done both, leaving the bottom beds as twins or pushing them together. Both were fine. Actually I prefer pushing them together. I like bigger bed. And for kids, they just jump onto our bed first then climb into their beds. Seems they had more fun this way comparing to using the ladder. Sure it reduced the floor space. But we spent very little time in the cabin anyway.

Suitcases can still go under the beds. And the inaccessible space between bed and walls can be used to put shoes, suitcases, and etc.

Also..unless your kids are experienced at sleeping in bunk beds way up off the floor, they might balk.

I know mine did when we had our first inside with a bunk hanging from the ceiling. I ended up sleeping up in the bunk and it was the worst bed I've ever slept on. Every day I woke up really sore because the mattress was kind of thin and it's HARD to sleep on that metal.

So..just be warned.

There is a little metal thing that flips up so the kids won't roll out of bed, also.