Water in th MDR?

98Charlie

There was a thread asking if you could bring water onboard MSC. I was researching (OK Googling:rolleyes:) and came across a blog that seemed to say that tap water was not served in the MDR but you have the option of purchasing bottled water.

Now this was on a European cruise and it went on to say that bottled water would be provided free of charge to American and Canadian passengers.

I know that when I lived in Germany water was never served at the table and it was considered rude to ask for water with your meal.

I don't care one way or the other. But what is the experience on Caribbean cruises? For that matter does MSC actually not serve tap water in their MDRs on European cruises?

Charlie

Iced tap water is served on sailings from the US as a matter of course.

Standard in Europe is if you ask for water, they will ask if you want still or sparkling and serve bottled water at additional cost. If you persevere, you may manage to get a glass of tap water.

There was a thread asking if you could bring water onboard MSC. I was researching (OK Googling:rolleyes:) and came across a blog that seemed to say that tap water was not served in the MDR but you have the option of purchasing bottled water.

Now this was on a European cruise and it went on to say that bottled water would be provided free of charge to American and Canadian passengers.

I know that when I lived in Germany water was never served at the table and it was considered rude to ask for water with your meal.

I don't care one way or the other. But what is the experience on Caribbean cruises? For that matter does MSC actually not serve tap water in their MDRs on European cruises?

Charlie

Well Charlie you may have saved me from a major embarrassment. I have been several times to Germany, had various meals but I do not remember getting water. I think we always had beer or wine, mostly beer. But I would not have hesitated to ask for water if I needed it, and would not have felt embarrassed to do so. furthermore I will tell my German language teacher to give me a heads up on these thing in the future. Thanks.

Well Charlie you may have saved me from a major embarrassment. I have been several times to Germany, had various meals but I do not remember getting water. I think we always had beer or wine, mostly beer. But I would not have hesitated to ask for water if I needed it, and would not have felt embarrassed to do so. furthermore I will tell my German language teacher to give me a heads up on these thing in the future. Thanks.
Yeah. Beer is my #1 choice followed by Fanta (Not the Fanta we get here.) Gimme one of those two and a currywurst and I'm a happy camper.

Charlie

Plenty of free water.

• 1 month later...