Half Moon Cay- Stingray Adventure

Matollycruiser

Hello everyone!

I am cruising on the Pride this summer, and I was wondering if anyone has done the Stingray Adventure excursion at Half Moon Cay. Have never done an excursion at HMC but this looks exciting!!

Was it fun, worth it, safe???

We've not done that excursion, only because we've done the Stingray City excursion a couple of times at Grand Cayman. If you go to the "Shore Excursions" page listed on your "My Cruise Manager" page, you can select the Stingray Adventure and read the reviews posted. It has a 4/5 rating, if that tells you anything. Read the reviews, then decide.

I did it several years ago (2011 I think) and it was okay. I've done it in Grand Cayman and on Disney's private island and much preferred those where the sting rays were in their natural habitat. At HMC, you are in a pool (or at least you were when I did it) and they give you food to feed them and then you can swim around with them. If you've never done it before, you'll probably enjoy it but I think there are much better sting ray excursions out there.

I did it in 2011 at HMC. It was not in a pool, but rather like a bay. It was fenced in so they could not get out and other creatures could not get in.

We did it late in the day, thinking we would enjoy the beach and then head back after the sting rays. The problem with that was that after being fed all day long, they were not hungry anymore.

I would probably suggest the earliest time in the day.

I will say we did this in January and the water in the bay was VERY cold. I would think June would be a lot better.

My young adult daughter did the Stingray Adventure a few years ago and loved it. The area is a lagoon, not a pool. She was given snorkel gear and could snorkel around the lagoon before the stingray presentation began. They touched and fed the rays and swam around with them. She did the first session of the day and said they definitely ate! There is a pavilion there where you can watch what goes on and I went and watched that afternoon. It looked like a lot of fun!

Did this with my kids. It was safe and fun. You see and feed stingrays. Then they show you a starfish, sea cucumber and conch. Was in a small lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Could you take your own pictures or do they take them to sell? Also, if a family member wanted to just go watch, can they?

My kids just did this in April. There is a covered observation area where family members can sit or stand and observe the activity. They do take pictures that they sell to you on the ship. But if you have family members observing they can also take as many pictures as they like. There is also a small pier where the participants get into the water. As an observer I walked down the pier and took more photos. The kids had a blast.

My kids just did this in April. There is a covered observation area where family members can sit or stand and observe the activity. They do take pictures that they sell to you on the ship. But if you have family members observing they can also take as many pictures as they like. There is also a small pier where the participants get into the water. As an observer I walked down the pier and took more photos. The kids had a blast.

Thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums