Which ships have studio/solo cabins available?

3Fluffies

I'm finding RCCL's website a little difficult to navigate, and there seems to be variation on which of the big ships have studio (no single supplement) cabins available for solo cruisers.

Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive list?

I haven't sailed RCCL before (going on only my second cruise ever this spring) but I'd really love to experience a megaship. It looks like Oasis and Allure don't have studios (bummer, since I live in Florida). Anthem does, but they sail out of Jersey.

I've seen references to some of the older RCCL ships having studios, but can't seem to figure out which.

I'm finding RCCL's website a little difficult to navigate, and there seems to be variation on which of the big ships have studio (no single supplement) cabins available for solo cruisers.

I haven't sailed RCCL before (going on only my second cruise ever this spring) but I'd really love to experience a megaship. It looks like Oasis and Allure don't have studios (bummer, since I live in Florida). Anthem does, but they sail out of Jersey.

I've seen references to some of the older RCCL ships having studios, but can't seem to figure out which.

These are the Studio Interiors: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=I&cabinType=UI

These are balconies: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

I could have sworn Royal added some studios to Radiance class ships, but I can't locate them.

These are the Studio Interiors: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=I&cabinType=UI

These are balconies: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

I could have sworn Royal added some studios to Radiance class ships, but I can't locate them.

I was just looking at the Serenade and they have studio interiors. Not sure about the other Radiance class.

I had to laugh when I read on Royal's site there was no single supplement. Some of the solo cabins I saw until now were double priced. Can't remember which cruise I checked, was on a Radiance class, but it was cheaper booking a cabin for two and paying the single supplement.

On Anthem a single cabin was cheaper. But check out both, you never know. Enjoy your cruise on the megaship

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Silly question...does this mean that you travel solo and get a room paying just an individual fare?

Yes, the studio staterooms don't have a single supplement. However, whenever I've looked at them, they prices are as high, if not higher than what a single woild pay in a double occupancy stateroom.

Deck 4, Starboard side just outside of the MDR.http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=04&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1638&sailDate=1160312&hasNavigation=false

Deck 4, Starboard side just outside of the MDR.http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=04&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1638&sailDate=1160312&hasNavigation=false

Thank-you.

I used to see them here too, but they are not listed anymore:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do?cabincls=I&br=R&shipCode=RD

Yes, the studio staterooms don't have a single supplement. However, whenever I've looked at them, they prices are as high, if not higher than what a single woild pay in a double occupancy stateroom.

Just like the 2nd pax 50% off scam (increase of 50% on 1st pax).

I stayed in in one on Brilliance....and while it was nice...its smaller than a inside room, you don't get double C&A points and you pay almost as much as double anyways...so not sure the point...

But then again Royal has NEVER really catered to the solo traveler....I have seen numerous times recently where it is cheaper for 2 in a room than one....or where you can do a "inside guaranteed" room when booking for two, but if you try to book solo it charges you hundreds more with no guar option...

To call them studios is deceiving. They are designed as a double occupancy cabin and the price to match. The only major cruise line that actually has single occupancy cabins is NCL. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway?cid=PS_TSI_XXX_XXX_GOO_LEN_XXX_XXX_ncl_SL_Norwegian_Getaway_&gclid=CJO_poSfp8sCFYNkhgodG_IOFA#staterooms then click on studio down the page.

Edited by rjg41

thank you :)

I was actually able to snag the last Oceanview Studio on the Harmony OTS for January 7, 2017. My fare was $1263 + taxes/fees versus $1060 pp + taxes for 2 in a "regular" Oceanview. That's approximately a 25% markup, but better than the double fare I paid as a single on oasis a couple of months ago. The Harmony Studios are tiny (only 96 sq ft), so we'll see how i like it.

51bc2b137016135e20f8b3df722ff891.jpg

Edited by Barklee
typo

Patti they don't offer a size, are they about the same as an Inside or OV. Barklee you posted right before i did, see the size, wow those are tiny, I think i will stay with a regular Balcony if DH decides not to cruise.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Patti they don't offer a size, are they about the same as an Inside or OV. Barklee you posted right before i did, see the size, wow those are tiny, I think i will stay with a regular Balcony if DH decides not to cruise.

Gay

Having seen the ones on Radiance there are definitely much smaller than an Inside or OV.

Visited both an s1 (studio interior w/ virtual balcony) and sb (studio w/balcony) while on a cabin crawl on Quantum. They were somewhat smaller than a regular cabin, but definitely large enough to fit one person comfortably.

On my upcoming Anthem sailing I was able to book an SB guarantee for my dd. Price was pretty much 50% of what dw and I are paying for our D7. Knew at the time there were no SB cabins available (total of only 6 onboard) and sure enough, Royal assigned her instead to a full sized DO.

About 8 months ago I booked balcony studio on Anthem in November - 12 days for $1766, DO - was $3400.

Patti if DH decides to not cruise, I will probably treat myself to an E-1, maybe a D. His walking distances is getting difficult for him. I know I could talk our daughter into cruising with me. Since 2014, she already has 4 cruises and is Platinum. The 3 we did out of Sydney, Aust and last Oct out of Quebec.:)We hope to do a family Christmas cruise next year with her husband and two daughters, boyfriend of the oldest granddaughter and our GT GS.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers